Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara xpro version 18 problem

Hi just downloaded the version 18 update (new prog) and scouting through it find that the utilities/web export options/ has disappeared in version 18!! despite a promised streamlined version over version 17.

Anybody any ideas?

Ken

Default Re: Xara xpro version 18 problem

Ken,

Web Properties/Export - all there just looks different in v18 (same as Pro+20).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Web Properties -  Export Tab.PNG 
Views:	73 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	129197

I downloaded the v18 trial version from Magix - to my (pleasant) surprise it linked my v17.0 history of recent files and their FTP publishing profiles.

Gary

It was the removal of the export button on the utilities menu that threw me it now seems only accessible through the web properties menu---strange?

Seems as you say that the smooth transition has been carried out with a link to the v17 data.

Ken

Name:	web options.jpg 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	129246

Quote Originally Posted by yellowbird View Post

Name:	web options.jpg 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	129246
    Cheers yellowbird, it wasn't the case that the OP had no access to the functionality, more that he couldn't find its new home.

In v17, the key presses to get to the Web Export Options was Alt-U-E which was a modal window. [Utilities > Web Export Options]
    Now in v18, it is Alt-U-W-Enter (or Shift+Ctrl+W) Ctrl+Tab+Tab+Tab, which is a non-modal dialog. [Utilities > Web Properties > Export Tab]

That is not streamlining, 3 key presses now 8, is just confusing to most.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat