Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb Squaring the Effects Slideshow 2 (Tile Slideshow 2 Widget)

Preamble - would peeps refer to any Xara Slideshow by its OCC / Local Designs Gallery Caption or its Edit Title when you are seeking help.

This approach of changing the aspect ratio may only work in the Effects Slideshow 2 (Tile Slideshow 2 Widget):

• Open Tile Slideshow 2 Widget for editing.
    • For Utilities > Options > Page, set 640 x 640px or whatever and set all pages to be the same.
    • Now, Unlock everything and reposition the rectangle and text to the bottom of the page - just tidier as Xara forces these down anyhow. They can be CSSed to somewhere else but that would be a different Masterclass.
    • Crop and rescale the image block to 640 x 640px.
    • Drop in square images.
    • Change text.
    • Save.
    • Change the Placeholder presentation best fit.
    • Rescale.
    • Done.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Squaring the Effects Slideshow 2 (Tile Slideshow 2 Widget)

Hello Acorn

Apologies again as I did not see the new tutorial. I tried it, it works!

Nowever I now have a new issue

I set the page size (400px x 400px) to all the pages
    I added a jpg image of the right size (Left the others for now)

But when I return out of editing the image has been tiled. I tried everything to resolve it. No idea how to fix it. It stays tiled when running.

Any pointers?

Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tiled image.PNG 
Views:	40 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	129274

Info Re: Squaring the Effects Slideshow 2 (Tile Slideshow 2 Widget)

Yes, it has gone quirky for me too.

What seems to work is to just set all the pages to 600x600.
    Take your square images and fit to the page.
    When all saved, change the Widget dimensions to be square.

It then scales on changing the widget size without any difficulties.

Acorn

Tile Slideshow 2.xar
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks

That system works

However it introduced a new issue. An artifact appeared. No idea why or how to remove it.

I think I may though make the widget full screen it may be easier in the long run

Name:	Artifact.PNG 
Views:	48 
Size:	164.3 KB 
ID:	129276

I don't get any artefacts at any scale.
    Shame.

Acorn

Everything Acorn suggested works here. It seems you have to keep the page width constant at 600px (the original width of the slider), but the height can be set to your choice, 600x600 square and 600x800 portrait worked. You can change the text font too and the fill tool can change what part of the photo you see; thereafter it scales as expected.

Name:	Photo_Resize.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	104.4 KB 
ID:	129280

Not fully tested it: https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/TileSlide/ interesting effect

Gary

I'm going to be a real pain, sorry

If I drop the new image on the old image and replace it the image I replace it with is not the full image. its clipped top and bottom.
    If I delete the image and replace with my own the image then on the main page (not in the edit) there is no image displayed at all.

I attach the file

Tile test.xar

Tim,

You have started with an A4 page, not a web document - easily done if that is your new file default.

Attached is my XAR with your slides and it seems to work OK. You should be able to copy and paste the square widget into your own document.

Gary
    Attached Files Attached Files

Initostar, thank you for your assistance.

Acorn

Hi All

I changed it to 600 x 450 and can confirm it's working now

Many thanks for the great support