Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Fish scale patterns

Can anyone tell me if Xara has fish scale patterns for download. Thanks.

Manny

Default Re: Fish scale patterns

Fish scale images...cheap as chips! ...here https://www.vecteezy.com/vector-art/...pattern-vector
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

There's one I designed years ago as part of a package of background fills. It's in the Content Catalog
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scale.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	129167  

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    There's one I designed years ago as part of a package of background fills. It's in the Content Catalog
    Hello,
    That looks great.
    Where are they located?
    Any link to it, please.

@Naheed, to open the content gallery click “Insert" > "From content catalogue" (Shift+Alt+I). You'll need to have an active update service to access the catalogue.

@Manny, l’m always interested in anything fish related! Up to now I’ve been drawing individual fish scales which is a bit laborious but gives you better control as you curve round the fishes body. Finding out how experienced piscine artists go about things is on my long list of quests.

Here's an example of something fishy on my 'drawing board' at the moment. I've drawn a scale then repeated it. I've also made a repeating tile as used in the second image below.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scales.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	130.8 KB 
ID:	129172Click image for larger version. 

Name:	repeating scales.png 
Views:	73 
Size:	215.5 KB 
ID:	129173

@GP I’ve wondered in the past who designed Xara content - now I know! Those two colour background fills are one of the very few things I regularly use. Thanks! :-)
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Jon - That I think is the only thing I did design for Xara that is in the app. And very handsome fish scales.

I've used a Scatter brush with a crude scale but the effect is notable:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fishy.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	172.1 KB 
ID:	129174
    Some simply lines curved.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Jonopen View Post
    @Naheed, to open the content gallery click “Insert" > "From content catalogue" (Shift+Alt+I). You'll need to have an active update service to access the catalogue.
    Thanks for your reply. Ok, so an active updated service to access the catalog.
    I will try it too.