Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: If artists were architects..

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    a spammer [hopefully soon removed] has awoken this thread

my thoughts remain the same as before - it is neither hommage, nor critique... it is just riding on the coat tails of those who could....
    Wow what an awful viewpoint. We had no idea what your thoughts were before because you didn't post them - probably a good thing.

We are all "riding on the tails" of others and I am astounded that you don't see the fun in my link.

Hope your day gets better handrawn.

The Dali house I should think is based on his 1937 painting Le Sommeil (Sleep)
    probably... though the representation looks more like a bird skull; I would have been more impressed if something a little challenging had been attempted...

maybe this : https://archive.thedali.org/mwebcgi/...=4186;type=101

@ Paul

we are all standing on the shoulders of the giants that went before us Paul, so I think maybe you misunderstand what I mean by riding on coat tails

your question was 'How wonderful are these?' to me they are not wonderful; I am just not impressed with the generic interpretations

you canna please everyone

and there is nothing wrong with my day, all things considered - I hope all is well with yours
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    probably... though the representation looks more like a bird skull; I would have been more impressed if something a little challenging had been attempted...

maybe this : https://archive.thedali.org/mwebcgi/...=4186;type=101

@ Paul

we are all standing on the shoulders of the giants that went before us Paul, so I think maybe you misunderstand what I mean by riding on coat tails
    I did understand.

your question was 'How wonderful are these?' to me they are not wonderful; I am just not impressed with the generic interpretations

you canna please everyone
    Some people especially..

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post

Some people especially..
    indeed; my heart is not easily won, that is the way i was brought up... but if i really do like something i will say so
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

@handrawn - thank you for the alert to the spamming action of a TGer. Another Mod removed the link. I decided to delete the Post as it contributed nothing to this Thread, Forum or Community.
    Should the OP actually come back with their genuine review of the product then I am happy to re-instate the Post and link into the review.

@pauland/@handrawn - handrawn was not enamoured by the link. This does not mean his opinion is wrong. Debate is one thing but standing either side of a chasm and throwing brickbats does not get anywhere.
    Further argument should be confined to PM, where I too can be approached.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat