Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Replace photo & keep edits, resizing, cropping

I'm new to Xara and am realizing I have to do some photo editing outside of Xara (eg. use clone stamp as it's applied in photoshop). Next time I start a project, I'll edit the photo first and then import into Xara.

I didn't do that for my first project. So when I replace the photo in Xara that I've worked on with the photoshop revised version, all the attributes I applied to the original photo I worked on in Xara seem to get applied to the photoshop revised photo.....except.....resizing and cropping.

Is there any way to peform a "complete" replacement as is, a perfect match with what's already been done in Xara?

Default Re: Replace photo & keep edits, resizing, cropping

Did you try saving(or exporting) as PNG and saving the PNG and importing the resulting bit mapped image into Xara?
    I don't know what you did or how you did it or what program you used, but, that should not have happened.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

As Larry says, that shouldn't happen. Delete the photo in Xara and then import your PS image.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Sorry for not being clearer....I have photo_123....I imported that into Xara and resized photo_123 and cropped it (using side handles), applied transparency, adjusted colour curves.....then I wanted to clone an area the way I would use the clone stamp tool in photoshop but I can't do that in Xara.....I went back to the orginal photo_123 and took it into photoshop and did my cloning. I saved that version under a different name photo_123version......I went went back into Xara and selected the original photo_123 I had worked on....I clicked replace photo_123 with photo_123version. Photo_123version was brought into Xara successfully and the previous transparency and colour curves I had for photo_123 were successfully applied to photo_123version. However, the cropping and resizing I did on photo_123 did not carry over to photo_123version. So I have to manualy resize and crop photo_123version.

So I was wondering if there's a setting I missed that would allow the sizing & crop settings to be applied to the replacement photo. (Photo_123 and photo_123version have exactly the same dimensions.)

it may be you need to make a bitmap copy in xara to fix the changes otherwise xara's 'non-destructive' approach ignores changes you have made to date - bitmap copy defaults at 96 dpi - you may need to change that
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Cool Re: Replace photo & keep edits, resizing, cropping

It seems to me that you could try to change this in the program's settings and then transfer everything with backups in case all the settings are transferred to the images. Just think about it. That would be more convenient. It's not that you can't save the edited photos you receive, but I always find it easier and calmer to work on copies, even imported ones, like the original. Try playing around with the sync settings as well. Maybe it'll work. I can't even figure out my iPhone. I have to constantly read on the Internet how to blur background on iPhone and not delve alone, as before. Previously, it was easier for me to understand something new. I'm getting old...

Acknowledging that it's probably not as good as Photoshop's (although i don't know, I've never used photoshop) why can't you use Xara's Clone Stamp to do the same thing.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Not knowing try clearing the cash first.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.