Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation LiveBrush for wWndows is back! Here's the links...

Maybe 7 or 8 years ago, Adobe announced the AIR platform, which was device independent. A talented programmer Dave, Fusillo created an entire application called LiveBrush, and he had a free copy and a $10 has-more-features version.

It was so successful, Adobe dropped it. Remember Aviary, the free online drawing program?

Which would be fine, except 2 versions of Windows, probably 3 went by and you cannot install the thing because Adobe sold AIR off and no one bothered to update the technology for 54x systems.

Flash forward to this month. Harmon, a division of Samsung bought LiveBrush, and a new version of AIR (not Adobe's offering, bless them) is out.

You can get the version you really need of Samsung AIR Adobe Samsung AIR, build as of March 2021 right here.

And a free copy of LiveBrush, there are several places. I don't care for Softonic because, frankly, a lot of malware gets posted there, but I bit the bullet and Livebrush installed just fine.

So what does this do? It makes vines and trails and all sorts of neat paths you can customize in many, many different ways.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021-03-15_15h05_49.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	129160

How bad is free?!

Although in the free version, export to SVG is disabled, you can still export to PNG with transparency, and that should get your work into Xara so you can integrate it with other elements you might create.

Just do it, and make a backup, because who knows when Samsung's generosity will fade?

And I've spent time and $$$ trying to find something to replace it, and aside from (Corel) Painter which comes close, no other company does.

My Best,

Gary

Default Re: LiveBrush for wWndows is back! Here's the links...

Free is good. Thanks for the heads up on this.

Thanks, Gare I had purchased this years ago and thought it interesting I appreciate your post about this and downloaded and installed this one, but so far I have not figured out how to get the random lines and branches like you show it used to be easy now I don't seem to be able to find the settings to do that any longer.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

OK I might have got it finally, thanks Gare.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Gare, this is great for creating background images. Thanks for the link. This one reminds me of my secondary schools stage curtains. No wonder I was left comatosed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	177.8 KB 
ID:	129164  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Cool artwork, man. You could not have executed this is any other program, right?

I don't use it daily or anything, but it came in useful when I wanted a background that sort of migrated to the foreground objects:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brushes-in-mug-for-Nicky.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	129165

You could not have executed this is any other program, right?
    Indeed. Unfortunately there is virtualy no guidance on using this software on the internet, nor videos of the same. Even the program itself help buttons just leads back to the same Facebook page!

Have you found a way to increase the page size Gary?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

For what it's worth... version 1.5 found here. [CNET Download]

Egg, no. This product is great, but also 9 years dead. FaceBook has a lot of unanswered questions, the forum looks stalled with cobwebs.

That said, thank you Tom for pointing to the update. Both you and my link are for the Lite version, which is fine and as good as it gets. I sprung 10 for the "Pro" version, basically more options and more brushes. But I hid the EXE in a really, really safe place

-g

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    I sprung 10 for the "Pro" version.
    Me too Gare.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509