Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Default Re: Simple jukebox stopped working on iphone and ipad

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post

PLACEHOLDER HTML code (body)
    <audio id="audiplay" src="https://domain-name/assets/load.mp3" controls autoplay controlsList="nodownload" style="width: 500px;"></audio>
    Though I have attempted to find more about controlsList="nodownload" I am still somewhat in the dark. If I want to allow downloads of audio files from my site would I leave out that code or use some other code?

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by IanB View Post
    Though I have attempted to find more about controlsList="nodownload" I am still somewhat in the dark. If I want to allow downloads of audio files from my site would I leave out that code or use some other code?

Ian
    Ian,

Yes, leave out the code you highlighted in RED.

Tested here:Audio PlugIn Jukebox_DownloadAllowed.xar

Click on the player's 3 dots and will see a Download option.

Gary

Thanks Gary

I have implemented your suggestion and downloads are now possible. Just 600 more instances of the code to change!

The problem was not apparent when I used Firefox as the browser and your fix didn't work with the slightly out of date version of Chrome I had installed. I suppose I should keep more up to date and check things regularly.

EDITED TO ADD : The three menu dots don't appear when the Firefox audio player is used. Is there a solution to this?

Many thanks,
    Ian
    Last edited by IanB; 28 March 2022 at 08:57 AM. Reason: New problem

Quote Originally Posted by IanB View Post
    Thanks Gary

I have implemented your suggestion and downloads are now possible. Just 600 more instances of the code to change!

The problem was not apparent when I used Firefox as the browser and your fix didn't work with the slightly out of date version of Chrome I had installed. I suppose I should keep more up to date and check things regularly.

EDITED TO ADD : The three menu dots don't appear when the Firefox audio player is used. Is there a solution to this?

Many thanks,
    Ian
    Ian,

Right click on the video when it is playing in Firefox; pick the option to 'Save Video As' and it will download - you could put a note on your site wrt Downloading from Firefox, or downloading in general. I'd check it in Safari too.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    Ian,

Right click on the video when it is playing in Firefox; pick the option to 'Save Video As' and it will download - you could put a note on your site wrt Downloading from Firefox, or downloading in general. I'd check it in Safari too.

Gary
    Thanks Gary

I'd come across the Save .... As option but wondered if there was a direct option. I shall definitely put some instructions on the site.

Thanks
    Ian