Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Update not working...

Hello again, another quick issue. I keep getting a pop-up to update my program from version 18.5.0 to 19.0. I've tried to update and it runs the download and then to the install screen, but it then gets to a screen that asks me if I want to delete the software program. It doesn't reference deleting the old version or update, etc, but to delete the program. I have an option to delete the program or cancel. Of course I click cancel and stayed with 18.5.0 safely. Has anyone else encountered this software update issue. Thanks, Tazz

Default Re: Update not working...

Xara Web Designer Premium 18.5.0?

That's what mine is. Just checked, no update offered for mine today. (18.5.0.63630 DL x64 Jan 10 2022)

I've been getting a pop up shortly after starting the prog in recent weeks telling me to update the 'update installer' which I've done but no update offered.

Yes, that "Update the update installer" is seriously broken.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    Yes, that "Update the update installer" is seriously broken.
    Well you're not on your own here: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...-Update-XDP-19

The workaround that worked for me was to download the v19 trial version and add the product key, but even that causes errors with the population of the Designs Gallery - quite a few tickets raised with Magix on these issues now.

Gary

I give up with this confusion (for me) with Xara and Magix etc. I can't find a trial download for my Web Designer Premium (to do a parallel install to retain v18) that is newer than my current Jan 22 18.5.0

Has Web Designer Premium been updated since 18.5.0.63630 DL x64 Jan 10 2022 - my current version.

The 'update the updater' message is a pain.

Typically, when they bring out a new version, Xara Designer Pro is updated first and then Xara Photo and Graphic Designer and Xara Web Designer follow - up to a month or so later. I wouldn't expect to see the Web Designer update for a while yet. I believe 18.5 is still the current version, although I don't own it, so can't guarantee it.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Looks like it is only Pro X that has the v19 upgrade atm - https://www.xara.com/eu/products/

Thanks Gary and ss-kalm.

I'll wait and hope they update the 'update updater' before Web Designer Premium gets updated.

Best wishes,
    Ian

I would move this to Dear Xara but that seems to be a dead letter mailbox these day.

I just updated Xara Designer Pro X from 18.5.0.63630 to 19.0.0.63929.
    After going through the download and installation I started up Xara and it again asked me if I wanted to update. The issue was I was starting up the old 18.5 from the desktop icon. I didnt realize there was now two icons for old 18.5 and new 19. If I use the new icon 19 starts up fine. This may be your problem - you are going around in circles.

You can check C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro X\ and see if it has both 18 and 19 versions.