Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Default Re: Simple jukebox stopped working on iphone and ipad

Feel like a complete idiot but have realised I don't know where I change the text to 'squares', I can see it in the html page source linked to "PLAYLIST" but don't know where it was added on the pplugin page, have checked all the various html code body options (as far as I can see) but no joy. By the way although it's a 'title' it doesn't work as a popup on any platform I'm using (PC, iPad and iPhone). It's all a learning experience!

Hilary

Hilary

With the Text tool, highlight the word PLAYLIST, right click, pick Web Animation, MouseOver - Change Title. [ Ignore the fact that the STOP buttons are blue in the image just me experimenting with different buttons]
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Highlight Playlist (Text Tool) -Right Click Web Animation- MouseOver - Edit Show Title.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	129355

MouseOver has no effect on a Touch Device, other than when touched in this case, the text is highlighted blue. The title text will not show, whereas it does on a Windows Desktop.

If you don't think mouseover adds any value this way, remove the PLAYLIST null link and it will stay just as text (i.e. no mouseover).

The other change is the bio popup on the News page, desktop:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Popup Layer biogmain.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	129356

Gary

Thanks Gary, have never used Web Animation, not sure I was aware of what it does. Bit deeper than I've probably needed to delve in the past, though it would probably have been useful if I'd known about it!

Hilary

Result Hilary All looks good now at http://jonphilibert.com/news.htm

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    Result Hilary All looks good now at http://jonphilibert.com/news.htm

Gary
    Took a while but got there in the end, have learnt a lot - thanks to Gary and Acorn .

Hilary

Thank You Gary, Hilary, and Egg. Ironically I have a country performer as well that needs a player. I’m not a coder, and it all looks way, way above my pay grade but I’ll start copying and pasting. @hsinclair Hilary what was your final bit of code. Or is this a straight plug in. I’m just dumb.
    -Bill
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Quote Originally Posted by bwood View Post
    Thank You Gary, Hilary, and Egg. Ironically I have a country performer as well that needs a player. I’m not a coder, and it all looks way, way above my pay grade but I’ll start copying and pasting. @hsinclair Hilary what was your final bit of code. Or is this a straight plug in. I’m just dumb.
    -Bill
    Bill, first things first, the player code that was implemented in Hilary's solution was the Audio Player Plugin v2 (that has been published in this thread along with how to embed the player within a main website). This is v3: https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/Jukebox/

There are though some basic principles that were deployed:

1. Think of an Audio Library where all the audio tracks are stored (on a hosted server in a common directory under the same domain name /assets folder) - this is the 'source'.

2. The way to access the 'source' is a via a link - this could be a song title from a list; it could be graphic (song/album cover) or anything that performs the function of a link.

Both the Audio Player ( and the Video Players) have considerable flexibility, so the questions are:

(a) what design do you have in mind? (b) how many song tracks? and (c) into what website (URL) do you want to add this plugin?

Short answers on a postcard

I'm sure we can get you on the right track!

Gary

Gary. Thanks for the reply. I’m looking at a very simple design with about 5-6 short clips. I’ve taken a look at your pinned notes https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/Jukebox/
    The only thing I’m having trouble with is where to place the audio files in my hierarchy, and what code goes where. Once I make the placeholder, I need to know what goes in the <head> code, and what portion of you code goes in the <body> portion.

Thanks Gary
    -Bill
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design

Gary. I tried to edit my post but server timed out. I now understand where the song clips will rest. Assets/host server.
    Just a little unsure where all the pieces of code are supposed to reside.
    I need a place for the script. And the placeholder (obviously where the player is supposed to be) so I got that. And placement of the iframe code. Thanks
    -Bill
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design

Quote Originally Posted by bwood View Post
    Gary. I tried to edit my post but server timed out. I now understand where the song clips will rest. Assets/host server.
    Just a little unsure where all the pieces of code are supposed to reside.
    I need a place for the script. And the placeholder (obviously where the player is supposed to be) so I got that. And placement of the iframe code. Thanks
    -Bill

Bill

I have placed a note in the XAR design file: Jukebox-v3.xar

The note reads as follows:

PLACEHOLDER HTML code (body)
    <audio id="audiplay" src="https://domain-name/assets/load.mp3" controls autoplay controlsList="nodownload" style="width: 500px;"></audio>

1. load.mp3 is a short 1second silent audio track - this is required for the native browser to validate it is a MP3 format file. The placeholder width should be the SAME as that in the Placeholder code. Height is not relevant, but I use 59px.
    2. ‘assets’ is a directory into which the MP3s should be loaded, the name can be anything.

WEBSITE HTML Code (body)
    <script>
    var audio;
    var source ='https://domain-name/assets/';
    function aplayer(song){
    var locate = document.getElementById('audiplay').setAttribute(' src', source + song);
    audio=locate;
    }
    </script>

LINK TO EACH SONG
    javascript: aplayer('song-title-filename.mp3');

IN-PLAY GREEN
    javascript: audiplay.play();

PAUSE YELLOW

javascript: audiplay.pause();

STOP RED
    javascript: aplayer('load.mp3');

You need a short silent MP3 load.mp3 Just download a copy if you don't have one.

Gary