Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Simple jukebox stopped working on iphone and ipad

I have a simple jukebox http://jonphilibert.com/jukebox.htm, created for a friend, with a js widget that has worked pretty well for some time and is still working on my desktop computer, however it no longer appears on my iphone or ipad. As it took a lot of searching to get one that worked in the first place I'd like to get it sorted if possible, it is quite old - jplayer.blue.monday. It has over 40 songs on it so quite a task to start again. The songs are uploaded and played from the website not a separate source and don't have images or videos, just the music. I'm now just getting the jukebox header showing but nothing else. Any ideas would be gratefully received.
    Thanks
    Hilary

Default Re: Simple jukebox stopped working on iphone and ipad

Have just checked it on android phone and older iOS and it works fine so must be a problem with latest iOS. As it’s a jquery player I’m not sure if there’s anything I can do about it. Does anyone have a suggestion for a free audio player that would work instead, Flash obviously not an option.
    Hilary

Quote Originally Posted by hsinclair View Post
    Have just checked it on android phone and older iOS and it works fine so must be a problem with latest iOS. As it’s a jQuery (it player I’m not sure if there’s anything I can do about it. Does anyone have a suggestion for a free audio player that would work instead, Flash obviously not an option.
    Hilary
    You will likely have to switch to another player - there are lots of them to choose from; some have a free version but frequently the free versions are either limited in the number of tracks, or in the functionality provided (e.g. https://www.powr.io/plugins/music-player )

You are though welcome see if this demo works on Safari: https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/Jukebox/

Very basic at the moment, needs some CSS styling, but it works on Windows and Android. It may not autoplay in Safari, but it does on W10/Android.

Gary

I use a highly customisable multi track player. It certainly isn't a simple drag n drop widget though.

To see the different looks that can be achieved >>>auzlink.net.au<<<

There are some great effects on your site Chris. I just looked at the OP's problem which was a fairly basic player implementation not working on Safari (and unlikely to do so again). Only objective was could I more or less replicate it, without the need to embed a media player, or write too much code.

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    There are some great effects on your site Chris. I just looked at the OP's problem which was a fairly basic player implementation not working on Safari (and unlikely to do so again). Only objective was could I more or less replicate it, without the need to embed a media player, or write too much code.
    I totally agree. The one I use is daunting on first sight and not the easiest to manipulate on first, second and third sight.

I offered it up as Hilary said the original hadn't been altered in some time. My thoughts were tears, swear words and broken keyboards now, multi-player goodness for several years to come without having to revisit. Adding/subtracting tracks is easy, initial setup is a 5000 piece jigsaw puzzle of a brick wall at night.