Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Simple jukebox stopped working on iphone and ipad

Hilary, I hope you do understand truly how much effort Gary has put into all this. I provided the mechanism but he has ploughed through your difficulties turning an acorn into a full oak tree.

I have looked at jPlayer and it is a fine product. It requires jQuery v2.0 or above and Xara still only offers v1.11.1!
    I can explain how to load a fresher jquery.js library.

The simplest block for mp3 downloads is to add controlsList="nodownload" to the audio Tag:
    <audio src="http://jonphilibert.com/jp/audio/load.mp3" controlsList="nodownload" controls="" autoplay=""></audio>

You can still "download" anything that is being played and I am sure that jPlayer has an similar option in its playlistOptions.
    Regardless, if I can find index_htm_files/BackInWaycrossBandPitch.mp3, I can download it.
    You would be safer to only offer up extracts if you wish to preserve sales. The analogy is any image you publish, someone can steal.

You need to to be explicit that the songs are copyright and that they are only available for personal listening though Jon's largesse and not for copying, downloading for saving on any other platform or media.
    You should offer a link to a purchase route.

Gary offered up a vertical list but you can add the links to anything.
    I would consider a useful small graphic (https://pixabay.com/vectors/search/music/) and have a rollover of the track's title.
    Easy to add 40+ graphics in a smaller area.

Sorry to be harsh but you must consider your client's livelihood as prime.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Hilary, I hope you do understand truly how much effort Gary has put into all this. I provided the mechanism but he has ploughed through your difficulties turning an acorn into a full oak tree.

I have looked at jPlayer and it is a fine product. It requires jQuery v2.0 or above and Xara still only offers v1.11.1!
    I can explain how to load a fresher jquery.js library.

The simplest block for mp3 downloads is to add controlsList="nodownload" to the audio Tag:
    <audio src="http://jonphilibert.com/jp/audio/load.mp3" controlsList="nodownload" controls="" autoplay=""></audio>

You can still "download" anything that is being played and I am sure that jPlayer has an similar option in its playlistOptions.
    Regardless, if I can find index_htm_files/BackInWaycrossBandPitch.mp3, I can download it.
    You would be safer to only offer up extracts if you wish to preserve sales. The analogy is any image you publish, someone can steal.

You need to to be explicit that the songs are copyright and that they are only available for personal listening though Jon's largesse and not for copying, downloading for saving on any other platform or media.
    You should offer a link to a purchase route
    . (1)

Gary offered up a vertical list but you can add the links to anything.
    I would consider a useful small graphic (https://pixabay.com/vectors/search/music/) and have a rollover of the track's title.
    Easy to add 40+ graphics in a smaller area.

Sorry to be harsh but you must consider your client's livelihood as prime.

Acorn
    Thanks Acorn,

1. We are on the same page with the download :https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/jp/pplugin (amended the player to exclude Chrome download). I as can anyone, can re-record any audio direct from the desktop. Limited protection is to place them on the server, but in reality if someone is determined not to play fair it is quite difficult to maintain protection. Some sites, place a background copyright audio overlay, but that's just as irritating as hearing a reduced quality mp3. The main site can have a play fair statement to discourage blatant copying.

2. Removing the scroll-bar on the main site placeholder: use the standard iframe tag we started with (below), That is: remove the responsive iframe code from the website HTML (Head) and replace the <div>......</div> in the main placeholder. You only need the standard code now.

Code:
    <iframe src="pplugin.htm" name="playlist" height="100%" width="100%" style="border:none;"></iframe>
    Should look like: https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/jp/jukebox.htm

3. I agree Acorn, the links could be anything - in this case I simply followed the previous format - as we know this works now, a second step could well be the addition of graphics, or video.

4. The infamous old iPad and Chrome - I would start by checking you have the latest Chrome browser on the iPad. But treat these are separate issues - get the thing working first.

Having embarked on this mission, we are close to the finishing line

Gary

Again, many thanks Acorn and Gary.

I'm now going to appear extremely stupid and am very embarrassed to be bothering you again (you must be really sick of me) but I can't see how to remove the responsive iframe code from the website html head as Gary suggests. I can see the responsive-iframe code in the HTML(head) when I view the page source but not how it was put there as the only placeholder I have on the page is the the jukebox placeholder and the only code applied to that is the code you suggested which I have put in the HTML(body) is this right? Doesn't appear to get rid of the vertical scroll bar but it isn't the end of the world, I just wondered what I was doing wrong.

I do understand that anything can be downloaded if someone is determined enough. In fact the sales are sheet music/royalties as the online songs are demos - other people actually record and sell the songs - and Jon has been happy enough up until now and had expressed a preference for less graphics, not more. I will suggest the copyright notice to him. Your "nodownload" help is great and very much appreciated.

As I said a while back this is way beyond what I could have hoped for in terms of help. To be honest I was thinking I'd just have to suggest to Jon he either had to pay for a playable jukebox or get someone else to to a quite possibly better job than me (although as I don't charge he'd have to pay more anyway!).

I'm going to let the Chrome iPad thing take a back seat, I do have the most recent version - automatic update, if I hadn't checked it on my iPad in the first place I'd never have known it didn't work! I do this website and others I maintain as a favour and just do my best.

I am immensely grateful to you for all of this you have been brilliant - thanks again.

Currently the website appears on http://jonphilibert.com/jp/jukebox.htm. Will upload it later to replace the jplayer original.

Hilary

Info Re: Simple jukebox stopped working on iphone and ipad

Hilary, I have not downloaded the design file but code can be added in a couple of fashions:
    1. Web Properties > Website > HTML Code (head) <-- this for CSS scripts with <style> Tags. All appears just before the </head> Tag.
    2. Web Properties > Website > HTML Code (body) <-- usually JavaScript code with <script> Tags. All appears just before the </body> Tag.
    3. Web Properties > Page > HTML code (head) <-- this for CSS scripts with <style> Tags. My bet it the responsive IFRAME styling is here. All appears just before the </head> Tag.
    4. Web Properties > Page > HTML code (body) <-- usually JavaScript code with <script> Tags. All appears just before the </body> Tag.
    5. Web Properties > Placeholder > HTML code (head) <-- probably this one for CSS scripts with <style> Tags. All appears just before the </head> Tag.
    6. Web Properties > Website > HTML Code (body) <-- usually JavaScript code with <script> Tags and used for positioning of HTML content. Replaces the Placeholder with a DIV Tag wrapper and then your code/content, making it hierarchically sensitive.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Brilliant! Can’t believe I didn’t know know that.
    Hope this is the final thank you!
    Hilary

Quote Originally Posted by hsinclair View Post
    Brilliant! Can’t believe I didn’t know know that.
    Hope this is the final thank you!
    Hilary
    It would be good to see the final website up and running. Any residual issues just post here and I'm sure we can sort them out.

Gary

Here it is - who would have believed how much effort went into something that looks so simple! My undying gratitude... I'm waiting to hear if he wants any changes! Have given up on the old Chrome/iPad version - there is a limit.

http://jonphilibert.com

Hilary