Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Talking Xara doesn't do repeat orders

For a bit of fun:

JS - Infinite Animations.xar

What can you do with some clever repeating animations?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Xara doesn't do repeat orders

Clever, Acorn.
    It took me a minute to find that you accomplished your animations through the Reveal/Scroll effects.
    Not a JavaScript expert here, but I don't see where your functions are given (not in the html code for page or website or in a placeholder that I see)... are they standard JS?

Quote Originally Posted by gcellison View Post
    Clever, Acorn.
    It took me a minute to find that you accomplished your animations through the Reveal/Scroll effects.
    Not a JavaScript expert here, but I don't see where your functions are given (not in the html code for page or website or in a placeholder that I see)... are they standard JS?
    All the JavaScript code is sitting in plain sight in the two Links of Replay and Stop 'buttons'.
    All you then see are the reveals repeated.

I am simply adding or removing a ClassName "infinite".
    The reveals ensure the jQuery library and ani.cssis load.

Xara simply could change the Once only tick box to a repeat count with infinity as an option.
    My simple play is infinite for all but I could set it up individually. Probably.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Truly ingenious use of Xara's built-in functioning. I saw the JS linked in the buttons, but I didn't know where they were defined. As I understand from your explanation, they are in the Xara files. Quite cool.

Quote Originally Posted by gcellison View Post
    Truly ingenious use of Xara's built-in functioning. I saw the JS linked in the buttons, but I didn't know where they were defined. As I understand from your explanation, they are in the Xara files. Quite cool.
    Thank you but not quite.

Xara uses ani.css and a lot of coding to set up a structure where a wrapper has a ClassName of "animate" and the animation-name.
    In doing all this, Xara overlooked that ani.css can also use the ClassName of "infinite" to set up "animation-iteration-count: infinite".

My JavaScript fragments: javascript: $('.animated').addClass('infinite'); & javascript: $('.animated').removeClass('infinite'); , as Links, simply toggle in or out the ClassName "infinite" so ani.css can do the rest.

Acorn