Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Content catalogue problem

Hi folks, has anyone had this error when opening the content catalogue?
    Click no nothing happens click yes and the streaming circle just keeps on spinning. Tried reloading the Xara programme and it does not clear it.
    Any ideas?

Ken
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	content cat error.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	129121  

Default Re: Content catalogue problem

Getting the same thing here after the last update of Pro+

Are you using Designer Pro+?

I'm going to move this to the Xara Cloud forum

Quote Originally Posted by mentorman View Post
    Hi folks, has anyone had this error when opening the content catalogue?
    Click no nothing happens click yes and the streaming circle just keeps on spinning. Tried reloading the Xara programme and it does not clear it.
    Any ideas?
    Ken
    Ken, it is probably happening when a service sticks or a log file overflows and there is no server space or memory.
    Xara eventually notices and reboots the server. It happens a lot across all OCC versions.

Xara seems to have cut back on staffing (or expertise) so it's not going to fix itself.

The best solution for you, when it is working again, is to Download All the OCC content and not use it directly.
    I use the OCC usually for Pixabay where I know I should be going direct to that.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

HI mentorman I'm struggling to reproduce this when using Pro+ Does the problem continue if you refresh the content catalogue by pressing ctrl + f5? Is the problem specific to a category for youor does it occur regardless of what you are attempting to insert?

Hi folks apologies for my slow response. Re booted the programme three times and it seems to have now cleared. According to the prog: running Xara Designer Pro X 17.1.0.60742 DL x64 Dec 9 2020 with update device code4308KA 1 and there are no updates available. It was returning this message whether I clicked a topic from the menu or used the search facility which is why I posted the query.
    Thanks for the replies and lets just hope it was a phantom "glitch" in the works.

Ken

BB2 - Same problem here and Ctrl F5 does nothing.

Name:	error.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	129125  

Same error message after rebooting.

Hi Gary glad to see I am not alone. On booting up this morning I started to encounter yet another message which I am trying to get rid of as rebooting doesn't seem to do the job.
    Wonder if this is a scheme for the people providing the catalogue an opportunity to get out of their supply contract with Magix? But hey I am a Cynical conspiracy theorist at heart

Wonder which customer support Pixby or Magix?

Ken

Name:	pixby error 2.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	129129  
    Last edited by mentorman; 13 March 2021 at 10:40 AM. Reason: missed informATION

This appears to be affecting the Stock Photo and Stock Illustration content. The other content is not affected.

Quote Originally Posted by mentorman View Post
    Hi Gary glad to see I am not alone. On booting up this morning I started to encounter yet another message which I am trying to get rid of as rebooting doesn't seem to do the job.
    Wonder if this is a scheme for the people providing the catalogue an opportunity to get out of their supply contract with Magix? But hey I am a Cynical conspiracy theorist at heart
    Wonder which customer support Pixby or Magix?
    Ken
    So it has happened before when Magix has not kept its security certificates up to date. Xara is such a low key customer that the third party agreement is probably not up to much.
    Xara might also have not paid its licensing dues to Pixabay so the 500 Internal Server error (vague) and the 502 Bad gateway error could be explained by either.

No amount of device rebooting or application restarts will shift this.

As I am not getting either fault for v17, I suspect it is a Magix-hosted server issue.

@mentorman - where are you based, country-wise? Are you using a VPN?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat