Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default MicroSoft Font Maker

Has anyone tried making their own handwriting font using MicroSoft Font Maker?
    I installed it and created my own handwriting font. It's so bad that I will stick to something more legible like Lucida Calligraphy.

To make your own font, you need a touchscreen and a stylus. I use the MS Surface Pro 4 and a stylus with a bent nib (it keeps falling on the floor). Maybe I can blame my poor handwriting on that, or the creeping arthritis in my thumb. To correct a letter, use the eraser end of the stylus.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Myfont2 - my handwriting.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	15.6 KB 
ID:	129118

I tried out my own font in Xara DPX and there was no improvement; I still write poorly.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Default Re: MicroSoft Font Maker

Should we refer to you as Doctor Brown or Herr Doktor John?
    You should be writing prescriptions!

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 11 March 2021 at 05:09 PM.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Should we refer to you as Doctor Brown of Herr Doktor John?
    You should be writing prescriptions!

Acorn
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by browj2 View Post
    Has anyone tried making their own handwriting font using MicroSoft Font Maker?
    I installed it and created my own handwriting font. It's so bad that I will stick to something more legible like Lucida Calligraphy.

To make your own font, you need a touchscreen and a stylus. I use the MS Surface Pro 4 and a stylus with a bent nib (it keeps falling on the floor). Maybe I can blame my poor handwriting on that, or the creeping arthritis in my thumb. To correct a letter, use the eraser end of the stylus.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Myfont2 - my handwriting.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	15.6 KB 
ID:	129118

I tried out my own font in Xara DPX and there was no improvement; I still write poorly.

Maybe you should use a pre-made handwritten font.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Hmmm. Maybe that's why many years ago, the secretary in the office in Colombia would address me as Doctor, and the one in Angola as Doutor.

Looking back, way back, my handwriting, particularly my printing, was beautiful at the beginning of my career. I did a lot of sketching up to mid-career and handed them off to draftsmen or technicians to make proper drawings. I seem to have lost these abilities over the years. Too much time spent using the computer, I guess. Amazingly enough, MS is able to decipher most of my handwriting when I use that mode of entry on my Surface Pro.

Still, I think that I'll give Font Maker another go to see if I can improve it - my handwriting, that is.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

For making your own handwriting font, I will suggest to go through the following sites:
    1. Yourfonts
    2. Calligraper

Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Adressa View Post
    Thanks a lot!
    What for?

You have joined TG from Poltava. You must have something interesting to contribute here, other than quite a bland statement.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    What for?

You have joined TG from Poltava. You must have something interesting to contribute here, other than quite a bland statement.

Acorn
    Sorry to insult you.

Adressa, people who post in old threads are mostly spammers. Can we ask what your interest is here?