Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Bug New Image Filenaming Feature - #III

Dear Xara...

It is bad enough that you have again introduced some new feature with buggy consequences.

It is far, far worse that you do not acknowledge the fact.

In short, Image Filename an image "sally".
    Change its size, you rename it "sally1".
    Why?

Clone "sally1", you now have two images named "sally".
    Resize one.
    Copy "sally1" and Paste Size onto "sally" and get two images named "sally1".
    Move one of the "sally1"s and you have two "sally"s.

Name a collection of images "sally" and resize each to be a tad different.
    You get a set {sally, sally1, ...}
    They are all the same image!

Try and document this for a punter.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Bug Re: New Image Filenaming Feature - #III

I have checked this Issue again in the newer Xara Designer Pro+ 21.1.0.61938 SL x64 Apr 21 2021.

It is still happening.

@Xara - can you explain why the same image at different dimensions has to be exported as a different filename for each instance?

I created an oval shape and Image Filenamed it oval.
    I added it as Custom bullets - the Image Filename was lost. I added one called oval-bullet and tweaked the sizes slightly.
    I ended up with oval-bullet(n).webp, ...(n)@2x.webp, ...(n).jpg, ...(n).jpg but no oval.webp or oval.jpg or their Retinas.

Bug - 12 separate images for one missing one!
    Xara - Oval Bullets.xar

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat