Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Well as you can tell by the subject of this post, I am in a self teaching extremly new phase of experimenting with websites... I got all the graphics done, the html the java etc.... so I went and got a host, I am using High Creations at the tip of another post here...

I am in the proccessing of uploading all the graphics and stuff with the ftp gibirish...

now were I am confused... what do I do with my html and stuff thats sitting in my editor.. I cant see anywere on the online control panal were I would enter it... do I upload the html file, what?

How do I go about this.... I know Iknow...... brign on the insults
    IP

Well as you can tell by the subject of this post, I am in a self teaching extremly new phase of experimenting with websites... I got all the graphics done, the html the java etc.... so I went and got a host, I am using High Creations at the tip of another post here...

I am in the proccessing of uploading all the graphics and stuff with the ftp gibirish...

now were I am confused... what do I do with my html and stuff thats sitting in my editor.. I cant see anywere on the online control panal were I would enter it... do I upload the html file, what?

How do I go about this.... I know Iknow...... brign on the insults
    IP

And nobody's laughing.

Hi, BigD16, and welcome...

Have you got your site working from your own hard disk? If so, everything that you needed to make it work &#8212 directories, html, graphics, the lot &#8212 needs to be uploaded just as you have it.

HTH [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Peter</p>

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?</p>
    IP

Further to what Peter said, BigD16, the way ftp works, whether from the host's online interface or a program interface (CuteFTP for example) is you should see Local Files (ie. html/image files on your computer) and Remote Files (ie. those that are on your host's computer). The goal is to transfer your files to your host's computer. I would suggest using the exact same file structure as on your machine. For example if you have put all your html/image files in the root - myhtmlpage directory > index.html, groovylogo.jpg etc. - then upload (read transfer) the files into the main root of your webspace directory. (you can find out what this is called from your host company). If, however, you have placed all your image files in a different directory, then you will have to upload the whole directory, not just the files. Most ftp programs allow you to do this seamlessly, but on a web interface you may have to manually create the new directory and then upload the files.

Hope this helps! Let us know how you make out.

cfn ... Jen
    Jen Worden
    Web Developer
    www.meadoworks.com
    cfn ... Jen

Jen Worden
    Web Developer
    www.meadoworks.com
    IP