seems like you can just purchase things one at a time

Lightbulb Re: importing paypal buttons unsuccessful

Quote Originally Posted by artistTrudi View Post
    do i even need the cart?
    seems like you can just purchase things one at a time
    i found the shopping cart icon and made it a repeating image on all pages
    but what do i link it to?
    how do you make it sum up all the purchases?
    artistTrudi, you need to think through and detail out your business model.
    That will help you decide if you can sell with just Buy Now buttons.
    You look as if you have managed the cart well enough.

You also need to nail down your website:
    • Each page needs a Page Title; "index2", "index-d" and "index-e" will not encourage custom.
    • Neither will a site without SSL, especially where purchases are being considered.
    • You really need a better navigation plan, it took me some time to work out you had seven pages; lost custom there. "See Designs" leads to Greeting Art Cards but without a visit, I didn't know.
    • Your works need labelling too. Use Image Filenames and Alt Text and Title texts for SEO purposes, those with visual impairments and general tidiness.
    • The use of the Photo pop-up will enhance what you have already set out.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: importing paypal buttons unsuccessful

thank u so much for helping me Acorn,
    i am going to see if i can do what you suggest
    i am really a novice at this and appreciate your time and suggestions

where does the ssl go on xara premium?

where does the ssl go on xara premium?
    SSL is a thing you arrange through your service provider. It is nothing to do with your publishing mechanism, it is where it is published.
    It should be possible to do it for free.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

well finally, this is what i found out!
    xara is my web designer not my publisher, Magix is the web host and WOW are they hard to get ahold of. no phone number, bad customer service, you have to jump through alot of hoops to open a ticket..... finally i got a response and this is what they said (copy and pasted): This is due to the fact that all hosting services and applications offered by MAGIX and XARA are "cookie-free".

Our hosting packages are specially adapted to the needs of the products MAGIX/XARA Web Designer and XARA Designer Pro.

As a result, we do not provide HTTPS or SSL standards for the hosting service. For this purpose you would need to find a different hosting provider of your choice.
    Last edited by artistTrudi; 12 March 2021 at 04:14 PM. Reason: spelling errors

so after talking to pay pal they said to post something to the effect that reassures the customer they are routed to paypal, a safe secure co for payment.

now i want to find a better host. any suggestions? also i am pretty sure i can still use my xara web designer right? i have a lot of work in this and hate to start over

thanks in advance for your suggestions
    Last edited by artistTrudi; 12 March 2021 at 04:18 PM. Reason: spelling errors

so after talking to pay pal they said to post something to the effect that reassures the customer they are routed to paypal, a safe secure co for payment.
    now i want to find a better host. any suggestions? also i am pretty sure i can still use my xara web designer right? i have a lot of work in this and hate to start over
    thanks in advance for your suggestions
    First off, thank you for advising the poor Magix response:

This is due to the fact that all hosting services and applications offered by MAGIX and XARA are "cookie-free".
    Our hosting packages are specially adapted to the needs of the products MAGIX/XARA Web Designer and XARA Designer Pro.
    As a result, we do not provide HTTPS or SSL standards for the hosting service. For this purpose you would need to find a different hosting provider of your choice.
    Providing SSL support has absolutely nothing to do with Cookies.
    Its "hosting packages" are as cheap as chips regarding capability and are not "specially adapted"; they have been pared to the bone.
    The lack of SSL is totally glossed over in its sales pitch.

I have just joined up with https://infinityfree.net.
    You will be on your own as to how to activate SSL but the community there should be useful.
    Any service provider will handle Xara websites (as Magix says they ain't got "cookies")!

You could hunt around for a service that handles single websites cheaply.

Acorn

thanks acorn! i wondered about that, sounded fishy to me lol

now i have 2 issues
    one important and one not so important
    1) when i tried to sign up for a different webhost they said i need an authorization code or epp code to transfer my domain name. I'm getting no response from Magix slash xara
    so its being held for ransom right now i guess that is my main concern, is there some way for me to find this code on my own.
    i plan to move to a different secure webhost so my second concern isn't as important jus need a quick fix while i work out the new web host situation

2) i tried to rename my index pg and when i uploaded my website it was blank so i renamed it back to what it was "index2"
    now my website will not load at all it says error 404 unless i type in index2 after the .com

thanks in advance for any help you can give me