Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default importing paypal buttons unsuccessful

I have xara premium and i am trying to load the paypal buttons from the catalog when i get to the PP buttons it tries to load for a second then the screeen goes white, can anyone tell me what to do? i have tried turning off my firewall and that does nothing.

Default Re: importing paypal buttons unsuccessful

Quote Originally Posted by artistTrudi View Post
    I have xara premium and i am trying to load the paypal buttons from the catalog when i get to the PP buttons it tries to load for a second then the screeen goes white, can anyone tell me what to do? i have tried turning off my firewall and that does nothing
    Xara is still using IE for third-party widgets and most third-parties now block IE as it has potential security issues.

All you can do is access PayPal buttons directly, grab the code and install into a Placeholder's code.

There are many examples in TG on how to do this.

I would also raise it as an issue with Xara.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

i figured out how to do that with the placeholder tab but what is the next step after you do all your buttons?

When you create the button code in PayPal you should also be generating where the button links to. So once you have generated the code and placed the code into the placeholder object then when you preview the page, and click one of the buttons it should go to the page you have specified when you created the button.

what is this: API credentials
    paypal sent me a message saying the next step was setting this up. I don't even know what that is
    all i have done so far is set up the "add to cart" buttons
    not sure i need to place in a "cart" button
    i have so little knowledge about this part
    i am self taught and don't understand alot of the language either

also the buttons take you right to paypal instead of letting you buy multiple items and then check out
    i think i need a "cart button"
    Last edited by artistTrudi; 07 March 2021 at 11:28 PM.

also i don't understand why i have a random "add to cart" button showing up in the left hand corner of one of my pages
    you can see it on the "prints only" pg www.originalandvintageart.com
    yet i don't see it at all in the web designer program page

I do not sell on PayPal but I found this article https://developer.paypal.com/docs/pa...t-step-1/#next

I think you have to establish what you want to sell, how much you need to charge, applicable taxes, shipping costs, etc. This should be explained in the article. And then set up a separate PayPal button for each item.

Another way to go is with Etsy.com or https://fineartamerica.com/ or similar site. These are set up for artists and may be more intuitive for an artist to set up.

Quote Originally Posted by artistTrudi View Post
    also i don't understand why i have a random "add to cart" button showing up in the left hand corner of one of my pages
    you can see it on the "prints only" pg www.originalandvintageart.com
    yet i don't see it at all in the web designer program page
    Without checking, you may have put the button code in the Website, Page or Placeholder code (head) instead of the Placeholder code (body).

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

yes that's what it was Thank YOU!
    do you know how i create the shopping cart
    i have the paypal buttons

i found the shopping cart icon and made it a repeating image on all pages
    but what do i link it to?
    how do you make it sum up all the purchases?