Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bug FAIL with v17 and Pro+ Mould Tool

Dear Xara...

Since Xara Xtreme 5 and before, I have been able to apply a Default envelope Mould and use the four control points and their control handles to readily and easily adjust the mould's contortions.

What has happen in v17 and Pro+?

The same moulded shape copied from an earlier version has controls that are shown only when clicked on and the handle nodes flash up but then disappear, muting into the colour of the background.
    My default background colour is grey so they simply disappear. I have to go Outline to get even a sniff of a clue where thing lie.

When selecting, the handle has no head to aim for and grab, rather you dither around until the pointer changes and you click and dive - missing more than not.

What have you done?
    My answer - you have destroyed 95% of the original functionality! Those with less than perfect vision have probably abandoned your product.

Acorn

P.S. Gary P has already raised this issue: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...l-dumb-handles (Dec 20).
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: FAIL with v17 and Pro+ Mould Tool

Acorn,

I am using V17 and I do not see what you are describing. It appears to work like it always has for me.

Can you show a picture of what you are seeing?

Ray

i'm not seeing an issue either in a much as they are difficult to see against the default pasteboard colour, but that was the same before, in ver 16 at least

I would change the pasteboard colour, or slide behind a temp shape with a suitable background colour - that's a work around, but until if ever we have user definable handles it may be the best way ?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

there again...

I had the new boundary handles switched off in registry [oops] - turn those back on and yes, I now see the issue

those handles option should be switchable in the UI
    Last edited by handrawn; 08 March 2021 at 02:19 PM.
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by RKissane View Post
    Acorn,
    I am using V17 and I do not see what you are describing. It appears to work like it always has for me.
    Can you show a picture of what you are seeing?
    Ray
    Ray, it would be a surreal picture as there is nothing to see!

This is the best I can manage by mangling colours and the shape (all away from what I was needing):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Missing Control Handle Detail.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	129090

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Just experienced the same situation - switched off in the reg.

I also think the heavy dashed borders on/off should be an option.

Name:	option.png 
Views:	95 
Size:	109.6 KB 
ID:	129091

If only it was that easy!
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Here is what I see on my V17 when I apply a mould. This looks normal to me with the handles. I do not have anything turned off in the registry.

Name:	screen Cap.png 
Views:	137 
Size:	81.7 KB 
ID:	129098

Ray

I think what Acorn is noticing is not applying a default envelope to an existing shape in V17 but opening an older document created in earlier versions and then trying to edit the shape.

Am I correct?

that said if I open a new pro+ document I get the issue just using the default bitmap - looks same as acorn

Name:	pro+ mould sshot.png 
Views:	89 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	129101

but [my] pro+ is version 20 - I don't have ver 17 to try
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I think what Acorn is noticing is not applying a default envelope to an existing shape in V17 but opening an older document created in earlier versions and then trying to edit the shape.
    Am I correct?
    New or old, the same problem. I used XX5 to prove to myself I was not barking mad.

Acorn