Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Good times ahead!

I just got some marketing from Xara.

I don't quite recognise in the forums what it says, but it seems to me that it may be time to crack out the champagne..

With 10+ feature and content releases per year, you will not run out of design projects.

You will also benefit from direct email and chat support from us. Any issue you will have will be quickly addressed.

So report those bugs and submit those feature requests.

Default Re: Good times ahead!

feature and content release
    ..... hum whats the betting that is 99% content which is only useful if you can use it

Any issue you will have will be quickly addressed
    but will it be resolved ?

it may be time to crack out the champagne
    ironic ?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thumbs down Re: Good times ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    I just got some marketing from Xara.
    I don't quite recognise in the forums what it says, but it seems to me that it may be time to crack out the champagne..
    With 10+ feature and content releases per year, you will not run out of design projects.
    You will also benefit from direct email and chat support from us. Any issue you will have will be quickly addressed.
    To be clear, this would be for Xara Pro+ & Xara Cloud+.

if this is the case then the next two years will be just fixing the items I have flagged (and flogged) without any Xara response whatsoever. [My tetchy period is now over - sorry]
    Xara has taken two such feature releases so far to still fail and sort out the mess of the new User Interface and its obtrusive selection nodes.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

between 2007 and 2016 I submitted lots of feature requests - three were given, thank you once again GerryI for these

sadly today I think it is just marketing fluff

XARA -are you listening - give us a list of requests made and the resolutions made, be professional up about this, live up to your hype - Matt365 I am talking to you... make it clear you meant what you said...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I just feel that it sounds like over-promising a level of support and development that doesn't seem to exist given the posts on TG.

When I read it it sounded like I could open up a chat window with a Xara developer and they'd fix any issue I might raise there and then.

Almost a release every month.

I hope Xara can follow through.

I just feel that it sounds like over-promising a level of support and development that doesn't seem to exist given the posts on TG.
    When I read it it sounded like I could open up a chat window with a Xara developer and they'd fix any issue I might raise there and then.
    Almost a release every month.
    I hope Xara can follow through.
    You an raise an issue through Xara's Intercomm Chat. It is not real-time but you do get a fairly quick response. That in itself is good but the rectification of a problem is another matter.

Where I disagree with Xara in this approach is 5,000 people have the same issue; it is therefore a problem.
    Of those, how many will engage with Xara, seeking a solution?
    If you are not one of the askers, how do you ever find out that there is a problem (and not you) and that there may or may not be a solution?
    Chat is a one-to-one dialog with no wider engagement.

Releases in Pro+ have been quite frequent but rarely earth-shattering.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat