Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Designer Pro Previous versions

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    Sorry I don't do websites so I can't help you directly on this one

ther certainly have been some changes and improvements to PDF editing [and in my case one regression, no longer able to merge PDF imports onto one page - still have to use ver 15.1 for this]
    @handrawn
    We used to merge single-page PDFs onto the current page, but we had complaints about that because people expected a new page. So now we always add as a new page. Then you simply cut and paste the content of the new page onto the page you want to merge it to. If that's not good enough? We look forward to your use case to see where another improvement can be made.

Quote Originally Posted by MB365 View Post
    @handrawn

We used to merge single-page PDFs onto the current page, but we had complaints about that because people expected a new page. So now we always add as a new page. Then you simply cut and paste the content of the new page onto the page you want to merge it to. If that's not good enough? We look forward to your use case to see where another improvement can be made.
    thanks matt for picking up on this

what i am saying is that if I want to batch import 20 - 50 seperate PDFs that contain vector drawing asset, I would like them all on the same xara page - that used to be a merge option, it no longer is

now I would have to cut and paste 20-50 pages all into the one page...
    maybe if I could select across pages and paste in palce all in one go... but as far as i am aware you can't do that

whilst your current way may be ok for paginated documents, for me as a user of the program for vector art, it removes a valuable way to composite

This has been raised as a ticket with Magix and the last I heard they had submitted it to the development team and were awaiting a response [21 october 2021]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    thanks matt for picking up on this

what i am saying is that if I want to batch import 20 - 50 seperate PDFs that contain vector drawing asset, I would like them all on the same xara page - that used to be a merge option, it no longer is

now I would have to cut and paste 20-50 pages all into the one page...
    maybe if I could select across pages and paste in palce all in one go... but as far as i am aware you can't do that

whilst your current way may be ok for paginated documents, for me as a user of the program for vector art, it removes a valuable way to composite

This has been raised as a ticket with Magix and the last I heard they had submitted it to the development team and were awaiting a response [21 october 2021]

@handrawn - Thanks for the use case and yes engineering is aware of your concern. As of now, there are no plans to change from the current behavior. But they have noted it and it will be considered if/when moe changes are scheduled in this area of the product. For now, cut /paste page by page is the workflow.

thanks Matt, I appreciate the feedback

you will see that having to cut and paste up to fifity times [per composite] in the current version, when you don't need to do it at all in version 15.1, is a regressive step for me personally; and spending a large part of my time in an earlier version meant there was little incentive on me to maintain an annual commitment to pro+ rather than use ver 18/19

I am quite prepared to accept that my sort of work may be [no longer] typical of your target user base, but i am happy to hear that this may be addressed in due course

meanwhile version 15.1 works as well as it always did I am glad to say
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...