Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Adding New Sub Menu Pages

I have been away for quite a while from using Xara. I forgot how to add pages to the menu without messing the main navigation links. Please help.
    Adebusola

Default Re: Adding New Sub Menu Pages

Double click on the Nav Bar to oven the Navigation Bar Properties menu.

Click the + next to the page you want to add a sub menu.

Double click the Double Click to Add New Menu, add a button title and link
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	add page.png 
Views:	51 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	129075  

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Double click on the Nav Bar to oven the Navigation Bar Properties menu.

Click the + next to the page you want to add a sub menu.

Double click the Double Click to Add New Menu, add a button title and link

Thanks for your help.
    My problem is that when I now try to create a 'New Page" for the sub menu pages the new page is added to the list on the "Main Navigation Bar". For example, I have 8 main menu pages and the add page 9 that is for a sub menu page. What i end up i "page 8 a" added to the main menu links.
    I have done another site before and did not have this problem but cannot remember how I did it.
    How do I prevent this from happening.
    Thanks

You can delete any new pages in the Navigation Bar Properties. Select the page title then click Delete.

This does not delete the page, it just deletes the page from the Navigation Bar.

You can also rename the page titles, and reorder the pages on the Nav Bar by dragging and dropping the titles up or down the list.

Also, untick Site Navigation Bar.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank you. I'll do that.

Hello - My first post....I am a newbie to web design and also wanted to know how to do this - I think I understand but unsure - I have looked in help file unable to find detailed help. I am been tasked with making a community site about our small town and have chosen responsive template as everyone said they use phone, tablet etc. I want to have one button about the town and then drop down to info, shops, walks, places to see here etc. When I do this I get warning that drop button will not work on mobile and so keep removing them. There are likely to be a lot of pages and already filled the navigation bar with 6 buttons so do need to have these drop sections otherwise the nav bar will be off the page LOL Many thanks for any help

Quote Originally Posted by StewKriti View Post
    Hello - My first post....I am a newbie to web design and also wanted to know how to do this - I think I understand but unsure - I have looked in help file unable to find detailed help. I am been tasked with making a community site about our small town and have chosen responsive template as everyone said they use phone, tablet etc. I want to have one button about the town and then drop down to info, shops, walks, places to see here etc. When I do this I get warning that drop button will not work on mobile and so keep removing them. There are likely to be a lot of pages and already filled the navigation bar with 6 buttons so do need to have these drop sections otherwise the nav bar will be off the page LOL Many thanks for any help
    StewKriti, I assume you are seeing
    Warning: You have at least one button with both a link and a menu. On touch-only devices, visitors to your site won’t be able to use the menu, because touching the button will invoke the button link. Therefore it is recommended that you don’t have links on buttons that have menus.
    You overcome the touch issue by making each top-link a new sub-menu entry. You make have got to where you are by ticking Site navigation Bar that adds each new site page as a top-level menu button.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank You Acorn - had tried this but didn't realise I had to uncheck the site nav tab. It is working OK but still a bit tricky to use a finger on mobile with the flyout titles as the main wants to load first...Thinking of making main title "blank" so you have to touch the sub menu items but still bit tricky but maybe my fat fingers on mobile phone.

Thanks again

Stewart

Hi - Did as you suggested and did not realise I had to uncheck nav bar...working ok and I have made the "Main" top link blank so that the flyout menu seems a lot easier to use as I kept hitting top link and going to that every time. Very please to have got rid of what was becoming a long list

Thanks
    Stewart