Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Nag screen killer

Hello all,

As this is a recurrent theme, I would like to share my experience with other Xara users. I tried 'ClickOff' and this nag screen killer seems to work with Xara. In my case, I have Xara Designer Pro X11 on Win7. It may need further testing, but looks promising so far.

How to use:
    download Johannes Huebner's ClickOff 1.90 from:
    https://download.cnet.com/ClickOff/3...-10041321.html

Install

From the tray, choose "Add window" and "Xara Designer Pro X11" when you have a nag screen open.
    The window list has two items: one for the main window (Xara Designer Pro X11 - [Untitled1] or a filename) and the other for just "Xara Designer Pro X11". The hotkey method does not work with Xara nag screens (show clickOff, ClickOff list).

Default Re: Nag screen killer

Well, I have now had time to test this a little bit more, and I am sorry to say that there are adverse effects that may speak against using this solution.

First, it blocks Xara's help file (the title of which is in my case "Xara Designer Pro X11").

Second, using the log file option can be perilous. If you put your log file in "C:\Program Files (x86)\ClickOff", it may be truncated to "C:\Program", which in turn may freeze your system. So, if you venture to try this against all odds, you should put your log file somewhere else, e.g. C:\logs\ClickOff.log or skip using a log file.