Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hello, everyone:

I'm new. Hope I'm not just barging in by posting an immediate question, but...how does Xara compare to CorelDraw? I'm familiar with CorelDraw, but I noticed that Xara is also popular and have been thinking about giving it a try. Are there "Xara advantages?"

Thank you, Jan
    IP

Hello, everyone:

I'm new. Hope I'm not just barging in by posting an immediate question, but...how does Xara compare to CorelDraw? I'm familiar with CorelDraw, but I noticed that Xara is also popular and have been thinking about giving it a try. Are there "Xara advantages?"

Thank you, Jan
    IP

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Hi! Do drop in on the Xara Gallery Forum and check out the kinds of stuff created by xara users. (The current forum you are in - the CorelXara Forum - is kind of a dead duck. CorelXara was replaced by Xara X when Xara Ltd. cancelled the marketing agreement they had had with Corel. Corel really made no significant effort to market CorelXara).

CorelDraw and Xara are similar in that they are both vector illustration programs. Many Xara users are former CorelDraw users who switched to Xara because it is faster, is highly stable, has a great interface, and a powerful set of easy-to-learn tools & features.

Check out the XaraXone.Com website too. It features great galleries of featured artists, hundreds of detailed tutorials, and a comprehensive on-line manual.

At my own site I have an Introduction to Xara X that you might find interesting. I do encourage you to download the Xara X demo and give it a try. If you have any questions about the program you can post them at the Xara X Forum. You'll find a great bunch of users eager to help.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>
    IP

Hi, Ross:

Thank you very much for the reply. Obviously, I'm not familiar with Xara. However, I did download the demo and saw that it was very similar to CorelDraw. Should be easy to learn.

I will post all future questions on the Xara X board, and will enjoy viewing the gallery.

Thanks again,
    Jan
    IP

Hi Jan,

I'm relatively new to Xara X and I've had Corel Draw 8 & 9 for awhile.

I prefer Xara X hands down. The learning curve is very gradual, and the program is most intuitive.

Welcome

Wayne D
    IP