Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Testing a Facebook 3D image

Hi Scotty, no what I'm doing is creating a 3D image for use in Facebook which requires a different type of depth image than those required for stereograms and 3D printing.

This entails picking out whole areas of an image and filling them with shades of grey. So for example you have a background rectangle, body shape, face shape, eye shapes, hair shapes and finally the hand shape in the front.

You upload the two images to FB, one the original.jpg and the second original_depth.jpg. FB then automatically creates the 3D image.

I attach the image depth image I used for the girl 3D render. As you can see there has to be very subtle changes in the value of the greys with the lighter shades coming forward. Probably to subtle to see on this attachment so I've also posted a wireframe view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCuVYDSEhfY
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	14.4 KB 
ID:	129067   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	129068  

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host