Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How do I email a Xara presentation/website

Good morning designers,

I am not sure which section this should be posted on. I use XDPX to produce presentations (I am allergic to PowerPoint and avoid it like the plague).

I have produced a simple standalone website that I run in a browser to provide a presentation to work colleagues (via Zoom) - works beautifully.

I want to send the complete presentation which is of the form: a folder called "index_htm_files" and an "index.htm" file to friends via email.

To load the presentation/website I right-click on the HTML file and select an appropriate browser - works on 99.9% of computers.

However, I wanted to send the complete presentation/website to a colleague via email and get the warning:

The following message to XXXXXXXX.org.uk was undeliverable. The reason for the problem: 550 5.7.1 Blocked by email filter (XXXXXXXX)

How can I send complete websites by email?

I prefer not to load the files to this thread as they contain controversial/private material relating to business issues.

Kind regards
    Martin

PS Temporarily I just exported the presentation as a scrollable .pdf but this does not have the impact of a 'live' clickable screen.
    M
    'If every step forward takes you two steps backwards - turn round and walk home!'
    'The meaning of your communication is what I understand it to be!' -
    'The meaning of my communication is what you understand it to be' (I hope)

Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming 2.0, i7-8700K CPU

Default Re: How do I email a Xara presentation/website

first thing I would do is try zipping it - it is possible somewhere in your email system or their's a file type is blocked for privacy/security reasons - sending a zip should fix that
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    first thing I would do is try zipping it - it is possible somewhere in your email system or their's a file type is blocked for privacy/security reasons - sending a zip should fix that
    Apologies to everyone. I meant to add that I had already zipped the folder - Outlook will not allow folders to be added as attachments.

I guess that it is refused because it contains javascript files etc. I would like a workaround. I have sent scripts via email by changing the extension and then changing it back again, but this can get corrupted.

Martin
    'If every step forward takes you two steps backwards - turn round and walk home!'

You could upload the zipped files to OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive and send the link for them to download.

Excuse me for replying to my own text.

I just tried experimenting by changing the 'zip' extension to 'abc' then back again on the recipient computer before unzipping and it worked a treat - simples!

I agree that the idea of using OneDrive etc is a brilliant option (I use pCloud) so for larger files, this is the way to go. But for small files, it seems that a simple cheat is to change the extension, probably a security risk but not sure.

Many thanks again for your help.
    Martin

i was going to suggest encryption container next but i guess changing the file type does a good job of hiding content
    Nothing lasts forever...

I might be missing something here but, why not publish the small site as a website and share the link?

i'm guessing this is intranet rather than internet so not out in the wild - private business was mentioned
    Nothing lasts forever...

Why not post the presentation to a subfolder on a website, then email a link. Far easier. It's what I do all the time with websites needing client approval before going live.

So it might be..

https://www.yourwebsite.com/presentations/presentation1

Simple.

Info Re: How do I email a Xara presentation/website

Zip the rendered presentation, index_htm_file/ folder and index.htm.
    Use https://emaillargefile.com
    or one of many other free services: https://www.howtogeek.com/133761/the...g-large-files/

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat