Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Scribble March 2021

Scribble March 2021.xar
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by gwpriester; 15 March 2021 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Date change
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Default Re: Scribble March 20210

Thanks Larry. Lots of potential with that line.

20210! I wonder what Earth will be like in 18,189 years time? A big pile of plastic and just cockroaches and rats I expect. Ok, that’s cheered everyone up! Better get scribbling then.
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Railway.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	129036

A railway runs through the middle of the house...or a railway runs thru the middle of the house Alma Cogan or Rusty Draper, I imagine at least a few around here will know the song from 1956, and I don't mean nearly 8.00pm I was 5 years old when this was popular on both sides of The Pond...life was simpler then, it's all a bit scary these days. The pink line is the scribble.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonopen View Post
    20210! I wonder what Earth will be like in 18,189 years time? A big pile of plastic and just cockroaches and rats I expect. Ok, that’s cheered everyone up! Better get scribbling then.
    Surely there no rush then?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Sorry, looks like I messed up the year and I Try so hard.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

no one can say that you are behind the times Larry
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    no one can say that you are behind the times Larry

Guess I must be a futurist then huh.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

When I was about seven or eight I had a terribly strict school teacher, but at one point she became sick and was replaced by a nice student teacher from Canada (Miss Chevalier!). She read to the class the Tove Jansson book Finn Family Moomintroll. This had a quite an impact on my young imagination. I particularly remember being fascinated and slightly scared by the mysterious Hattifatteners.

Anyway enough of the waffle, here's my scribble inspired by those Hattifatteners and a sketch more like the ones from the book.

Name:	take-one.png 
Views:	127 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	129064 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mar-2021-hattifattener-ish.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	129065 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hattifattener.png 
Views:	129 
Size:	173.4 KB 
ID:	129066
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post

Name:	Railway.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	129036

A railway runs through the middle of the house...or a railway runs thru the middle of the house Alma Cogan or Rusty Draper, I imagine at least a few around here will know the song from 1956, and I don't mean nearly 8.00pm I was 5 years old when this was popular on both sides of The Pond...life was simpler then, it's all a bit scary these days. The pink line is the scribble.

sorry Bob, for not responding sooner I looked at this yesterday but bad me didn't respond.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Quote Originally Posted by Jonopen View Post
    When I was about seven or eight I had a terribly strict school teacher, but at one point she became sick and was replaced by a nice student teacher from Canada (Miss Chevalier!). She read to the class the Tove Jansson book Finn Family Moomintroll. This had a quite an impact on my young imagination. I particularly remember being fascinated and slightly scared by the mysterious Hattifatteners.

Anyway enough of the waffle, here's my scribble inspired by those Hattifatteners and a sketch more like the ones from the book.

Name:	take-one.png 
Views:	127 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	129064 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hattifattener.png 
Views:	129 
Size:	173.4 KB 
ID:	129066
    Nicely done Jono and Bob
    Larry a.k.a wizard509