Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Scribble March 20210

is that hull ? in which case your hattis have my sympathy - I remember wading knee deep in parts, walking from de gray to exmouth street when we lived there 2007

https://www.google.com/search?client...s+in+hull+2007

but not like they had along the don

very nice composition
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Larry - I Took the liberty of changing the date for the thread.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021.png 
Views:	124 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	129159  

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    is that hull ? in which case your hattis have my sympathy - I remember wading knee deep in parts, walking from de gray to exmouth street when we lived there 2007

https://www.google.com/search?client...s+in+hull+2007

but not like they had along the don

very nice composition
    Thanks hd.

The pic is actually the flour mill down the road in Driffield. In reality it’s a technically advanced modern processing facility, it’s just the angle and gritty b/w making look a bit derelict and bleak. The cylindrical structures are flour storage silos.

The water effect in the photo was done with the trusty old wave distortion filter which I believe is now missing from DP+. I’ve made a few variations of the photo along with original which I’ll post in the photo section of the forum.

Luckily I was still living down south when Hull was hit with those floods. It must have been terrible. I can’t wait to go into Hull again and take some pics.

When I was a young lad I had a map on my wall of all the rivers of Britain and what type of fish they held. From memory the Don was one of the few marked “too polluted” for fish!
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Who knew that The Hattifatteners were a thing. Methinks, Jono that Miss Chevalier made a big impression on your junior self! (and probably on all the young males in your class). Having googled, it looks like the Hattifatteners have a big following. Again, who knew?!
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Hehe Miss Chavalier. If only she knew!

As much as anything it was the stark contrast between being slapped around the legs for not listening, to that of wanting to listen to exciting stories and being given interesting activities to do.

When she left to go back to Canada she drew every child in the class a cartoon character of their choice. Mine was Bugs Bunny - which unbelievably I still have!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bb.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	129161

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flood-idea-hatti-colour.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	129162
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Thank you Jono, cute photos.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.