Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: WDP interface language

Thanks Chris M and handrawn. In fact, I went through the process you describe long ago. English is set as my preferred language. The time and date, along with certain Windows commands, are displayed in English. The operating system, itself, however is not affected by that. It remains in Spanish. As an example, if I right-click the Windows key, I am shown options in Spanish, like 'Aplicaciones y características' and 'Configuración', instead of 'Applications' and 'Settings'. Default file folders remain 'Descargas' instead of 'Downloads' and 'Documentos' instead of 'Documents'. If you try to rename them, they return to the default. Even 'Shut down' remains as 'Apagar'. In other words, changing the preferred language doesn't change the system language, only the superficial display of certain items.

that might be the issue - presumably that was not the case in your other computers
    if xara sees spanish at system level it may not offer english which it could associate with uk/us , but a European option instead; i seem to recall this has come up before

have you checked your system locale setting

@,chris - yes
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks, handrawn and sorry for the delay in writing back.
    I bow to your superior expertise.
    As the second computer I wanted to install WDP on is used principally by someone else, I wasn't able to try again for a couple of days. It turned out that though I had changed the Windows language to English (as I always do with a new computer), the person using it had switched it back to Spanish. It was more convenient for him as he is Mexican.
    When I discovered that, I switched back to English, and the options for installation that the software gave me were UK English, US English, and Standard English.
    Again, I appreciate your help. Had you not suggested it, I would never have thought to look at that setting.

brilliant - you have it sorted, that is all that matters
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...