Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Embedding a page from another site

I love challenges but I’m a little out of my depth on this one. I have to imbed a page from another website.
    A good example is here. https://www.battlefordshumanesociety...ptable-animals

A service called Shelter Luv supplies the code for insertion on the page, and it’s just plopped in. Somehow.
    The site I’m working on is northeastspca.org. Click on adoptions. The link takes you to another site. They want that page imbedded rather than a link. I presume this is done as an iframe.
    Thanks for the help everyone.

-Bill
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Info Re: Embedding a page from another site

Bill, it is simply the Embed a website widget.
    I have assumed you meant Adoptables but the concept is the same regardless of the URL.

I do it manually:
    1. Size a Rectangle.
    2. In its Placeholder body (code), add:
      1. <iframe name="adopt" src="https://www.adoptapet.com/adoption_rescue/175425-north-east-spca-melfort-saskatchewan#featured", width=100% height=100%> </iframe>

3. Save

Acorn

P.S. embed not imbed - you're thinking of imbibe as we all are!
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Embedding a page from another site

@acorn.
    Worked like a charm. Thanks Acorn.

-Bill
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post

I do it manually:
    [LIST=1][*]Size a Rectangle.[*]
    When you say "Size a Rectangle", does the website that's being embedded in that iframe fit that rectangle? In other words, a small rectangle will fit only a small part of the embedded website and a large rectangle will fit a large part, maybe all, of the embedded website?

Thanks for any clarification. I'm looking to put some specialty software on my website that will allow customers to do something and the company says they can put it on a page (I don't know if it just links over to them, as the software is hosted on their servers) or they said that I can put it in an iframe.

Try messing about with the attached xar file to see what happens. You can also change the width height to set pixel sizes rather than percentage values. This behaves in a different manner.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyW48 View Post
    When you say "Size a Rectangle", does the website that's being embedded in that iframe fit that rectangle? In other words, a small rectangle will fit only a small part of the embedded website and a large rectangle will fit a large part, maybe all, of the embedded website?

Thanks for any clarification. I'm looking to put some specialty software on my website that will allow customers to do something and the company says they can put it on a page (I don't know if it just links over to them, as the software is hosted on their servers) or they said that I can put it in an iframe.
    Take a look at this example. https://www.northeastspca.org/adoptables.htm When I draw my placeholder, I can draw it any size. In this instance if I wanted the placeholder any larger, shorter, wider etc As Acorn mentioned check the code for percentages. I’d try to adjust the pasted code first. If you can’t do it there I just eyeball. In a phone variant the placeholder is very wide to fit the number of photos. All the functions at the top of the import work normally.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Try messing about with the attached xar file to see what happens. You can also change the width height to set pixel sizes rather than percentage values. This behaves in a different manner.
    I got around to trying that .xar file. I only moved the size of the placeholder, rather than try setting pixel sizes.

When I preview the page in my browser, then it looks as if I was looking at the page in different size devices, i.e. desktop or mobile. That's interesting.