Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default main variant partial blank overlap

hi folks... a slight frustration has popped up whilst designing a page. upon doing a browser preview the main variant is partially overlapped by a blank page as in attached image. the mobile variant seems fine though, although on the mobile variant links do not work.
    any ideas?
    thanks in advance
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DesignerPro_TEQCGEu677.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	129189
    '... and then there was Corel Draw v.2 for MS Windows 3 on my superfast 286'

Default Re: main variant partial blank overlap

Quote Originally Posted by ggsmit View Post
    hi folks... a slight frustration has popped up whilst designing a page. upon doing a browser preview the main variant is partially overlapped by a blank page as in attached image. the mobile variant seems fine though, although on the mobile variant links do not work.
    any ideas?
    thanks in advance
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DesignerPro_TEQCGEu677.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	129189
    Usually, some Placeholder code is not terminated correctly. Less likely is a corrupt file or system libraries not installed.

Create a new design file and add a Variant and check that.
    If still wrong, Run as administrator and retry.

If that works then it can be a duff file.
    Usually I remove all Placeholder code and retry.
    Next I half the site by deleting pages of a copied design file (never the master) and divide and conquer until something works.

You could upload your design and a TGer could sort it.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

tx acorn... will try suggestions before submitting...
    i might be a bit of a sucker for pain :-)
    edit
    but wait - i think the problem started when i used a template from the designs gallery and started to panel beat it to fit my needs; that included changing it from a supersite to an ordinary one, changing from ??? to website [the little blue W upper tab left on the variant i work on] etc. so in stead of starting afresh, which would be much better, i jumped into uncharted waters.
    i'll upload and let you guys have a go at it... what is the procedure?
    furthermore... acorn your pm space is full...
    herewith pm:
    hi acorn, you mentioned uploading the problematic design - is that to the web or otherwise?
    i did a ftp to a created folder on my server, it is here, https://xxx
    kindly inform if you'd rather get the original xara files in some other way
    kind regards
    gabriel
    Last edited by ggsmit; 22 March 2021 at 09:50 AM. Reason: xtra

Gabriel, I have checked your site in the PM you sent - all is well.

Have you cleared your browser cache (Ctrl+F5)?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

hi acorn, sorry to bother you again. i have re-build the site form scratch and now i am not able to see the nav buttons in web preview... new thread?

Quote Originally Posted by ggsmit View Post
    hi acorn, sorry to bother you again. i have re-build the site form scratch and now i am not able to see the nav buttons in web preview... new thread?
    Gabriel, that would be for the best.

Acorn