Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara Pro+ with multiple accounts on one PC

My wife and I share a Windows PC. Since moving to Xara Pro+ I've found that it only works on my Windows account. I don't want to take out two licences for one single PC so is there a way to avoid this and still use it from both Windows accounts?

Default Re: Xara Pro+ with multiple accounts on one PC

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-H View Post
    My wife and I share a Windows PC. Since moving to Xara Pro+ I've found that it only works on my Windows account. I don't want to take out two licences for one single PC so is there a way to avoid this and still use it from both Windows accounts?
    Xara licenses you for up to two installs. These could be on the same PC against different MS accounts. These accounts do have to be for one person's use so you really ned to purchase a second licence.

Can I assume you have a Xara Desktop Application licensed and installed before Pro+?
    If so, that can still be used by one of you; Xara allows licence transfers.
    You could then save to a Cloud and share files that way while keeping both applications separate and legal.

You could also use Cloud+ to access different Cloud assets but again, legally, two people two accounts. Cloud+ is a far cry from using Pro+ but there is a free Cloud option.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

you might want to look into the teams pricing options if you both really need pro+
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Acorn is right, we also have a copy of Xara Pro X17 with an expired update service and that is what my wife has been using. My wife only uses Xara very occasionally so a second license is definitely not worth it - if necessary she could always use my account. It is just that it would be more convenient to only have one version of Xara on the PC and for us both to be able to use it. We are not really interested in the Cloud+ option - the only reason I moved to Pro+ was to support Xara more directly and to get the latest updates straight away. It all seems a bit messy!