My opinion about Xara is that they have majorly screwed up on their branding and name. There is no real direction as of yet for their product and so they decided to work on the + to fix that. Others like Serif have a solid hold on their new products at an amazing price that one can own. Xara knows they can not compete with Serif so they are working on the collaborative + feature which may have an audience of secretaries and office assistants.

What I have now will suffice for a few years to come. Times are changing so is technology. As a consumer I can hip hop from one software onto another, as a company like Xara maybe they can afford the risk of switching modules and experimenting at the cost of consumers. I do not think they are milking consumers yet, but they hope so to do. Not sure if the audience will stick around to be milked.

Oh and the web side of things, they really did not pay attention to was (contact form, cms, blogs, ecommerce) all which other software's and platforms online are a click away.