Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Celtic Knot made entirely with Art Brush

The image I posted yesterday was made from linear filled rectangles with art brush lines for the curves.

I decided to try a version will all lines.

The problem, and I am open to suggestions, is as you can see in the outline view, some of the lines that overlap the curves are slightly longer than the curves and extend a little bit beyond. If I shorten the length of the line it changes the shape. If I convert the line to shape, I defeat the purpose of doing lines, with an art brush.

And this image with a different background does not have the rounding to the overlapping shapes which might actually make it work a little bit better.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Celtic Knot 2021 A.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	216.6 KB 
ID:	129006   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	depth art brush.png 
Views:	52 
Size:	69.5 KB 
ID:	129007  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lines.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	129008  

Default Re: Celtic Knot made entirely with Art Brush

I think this one is really cool!!

Info Re: Celtic Knot made entirely with Art Brush

@Gary, here is my construction approach.

The crucial parts are the corner curves and the inner ones.
    I Created a fully round square box (or circle) and converted to Editable shapes.
    I then broke at point and delete one node for the corner twist and two nods for the inners.
    I extended the end nodes by a definable length using the same shape cloned and positioned.
    The straight parts had to be split to get the overs and unders.

Celtic Knot.xar

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Celtic Knot made entirely with Art Brush

OK Using what you created looks great, but the shapes when rendered as a depth image are not consistent.

If I shorten one of the lines to fit the shorter space, unless I create a new brush for the truncated fill, it does not do what I need it to do.

Stereograms use an 8-bit depth from black to white. And a simple difference of 4 is very visible in the final output. Because I am visually oriented, not mathematical, most of my images are a product of endless trial and error. And I keep pounding away until something works. Then I can only hope I remember the next time what I did.

I'll keep working on this because the art brush solution for many thing is a big step forward for me, but I need to figure out how to make it work for my work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Acorn's Knot.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	232.1 KB 
ID:	129016   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Celtic Knot 2021 A.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	216.6 KB 
ID:	129017