Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Red face Save as and export as ... the file name

Hi all,
    im not sure if its because of windows ...

if i choose [save as] , xara suggest the original file name

i have to export nearly all files as a pdf with the same name,
    but in unfortunatly xara suggest here no file name.

ist it possible that xara also suggest the original file name while exporting?
    no sicknature. for nearly 20 years. omg ...
    For many problems there are simple and easy-to-understand solutions that do not work.

Default Re: Save as and export as ... the file name

rs3, Xara gives your design file a candidate name Untitledn before you Save it.
    You then save it as Fred and on File >Save as, MS Windows knows what you have and presents that in case you meant File > Save.

For any of the Exports, the saving is effectively a creation of a new file so there are no suggestions. Any must end up as an overwrite of something important.

You could adopt the following keypresses: Alt-F-A, Ctrl+C, Esc, Alt-F-E-E-E-E-Enter, Ctrl+V, Export ( a+ means in combination, a - means in sequence)
    I would consider the use of AutoHotKey to replay such a macro. It does still have the file extension.

The second approach is to save off the first PDF by hand.
    Subsequent goes, when the Export dialog is open, just click on a prior PDF file and its filename is copied into the File name box.

Another is to type in by hand, select all of the detail you need in the File name box and Ctrl+C.
    Thereafter, just use Ctrl+V for subsequent PDF exports.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Save as and export as ... the file name

This feeds into one of my pet hates for Windows and software packages that don't "project manage" and let you set the current working directory for the job you are doing.
    When you select "Export PDF" you are offered the last folder saved to. If you have Windows Explorer already open for the folder you want, you can single click on the path at the top and single click into the offered path from Xara. You then have all the named PDF files you might want to use as a starting point for the name of the new one.

Hope this helps.