Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default PDF doesn't print correctly - tried using bleed margin in designer pro - worked

I just tried this real basically, but it worked. I designed my ad in designer pro, letter size landscape. Exported to pdf, looks perfect on screen. Print it with the fit option,uneven margins/whitespace. On an inkjet you can make it print perfectly if you have the edge to edge option, but lasers don't print edge to edge. I had to send it to a business to print on a laser. There are several options when you go to print but doesn't make it print centered. I tried the bleed margin option in xara and re-exported. I used a significant margin of .20 inch. I need to experiment more but fixed it for today! Tried to upload pdf examples to attach - didn't work.

Default Re: PDF doesn't print correctly - tried using bleed margin in designer pro - worked

Strange? I have a Ricoh laser copier/printer, and I've printed 11.5 x 18, double-side full color printed, centered, so I could cut the white margins off the edge and have a full bleed, 11 x 17 that lines up perfectly on both sides - all printed directly from Xara. So why it doesn't line up correctly on other printers, sounds like a printer issue, not a software issue. And made it into a PDF that seemed to print correctly too.

Default Re: PDF doesn't print correctly - tried using bleed margin in designer pro - worked

You say you have a full bleed in your answer. This printed nicely with even margins after I gave it it a bleed margin in xara and exported to pdf, but the surrounding even margin was larger than I wanted. If I get the size down where I can upload it, I would certainly appeciate your expertise.