Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Godaddy web designer

Just tried godaddy web builder and it is amazing. It has so much more than what Xara is offering. Anyone else tried it?

Default Re: Godaddy web designer

My web designing days are over. But it makes sense for GoDaddy to offer something like this.

Oh dear friend, mine too. If I do make a small site, I might use theirs since it includes hosting and SSL. I have downscaled big time after the death of my parents. Still some freelance money is useful. I joined this site only 2 years after you Gary.

Behzad, the TG server was reset in Aug 2000. So all folks who were members prior to that date had their join date reset to Aug 2000. Gary has been a TG member far longer than that, it was once hosted by iu/s or similar, I can't remember now, so long ago
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Wow, and we are still together here. So nice. I am getting goosebumps

It's kind of sad that there's none of the i/us forum content archived in the Wayback Machine, but lots of Xara's old webpages are covered. I remember laughing back then, that the Windows 98 Show closes at 5pm every day, "except on Friday 13 when it closes at 4:30pm, possibly for superstitious reasons" and at a later show, buying a post-Corel version of Xara where they used an old style credit card imprinter: I still have the receipt for that somewhere, over 20 years later... while today's thermal printed receipts are rarely legible after 20 weeks.

i/us was started (and ended) by Chris Dickman and Arlan Bartch who was a former VP Marketing for Corel Corp. Arlan came up with the Xara Xone concept.

When they shut down, I asked Kate Moire at Xara if she would sponsor the Xara Xone and Xara did. I think I did the Xara Xone for around 20 years then retired.

And sadly missed Gary. Many of us cut our Xara teeth completing your excellent tutorials
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Just tried godaddy web builder and it is amazing. It has so much more than what Xara is offering. Anyone else tried it?
    behzad, I have not tried GoDaddy but have used the reportedly better Wix equivalent.
    I may be missing the point as you were totally opposed to a Xara subscription model but GoDaddy/Wix are pure subscription.
    They are also very specifically domain-centric. So if you build a site for a client you need to purchase a Premium subscription for that, regardless of what you have developed with in your subscription.

A Xara design doesn't have these constraints; you just need somewhere to publish. So only annual hosting with no other costs.

Designing with these is a totally different mindset. If the design is required Marketing, Payments & e-Commerce then they are the way to develop.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat