Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Facebook

Default Facebook

Apologies. This must have been asked a thousand times, but I can't see it. How do I add a Facebook 'Follow us' link to a Xara web file?

TIA

Default Re: Facebook

See if there is anything here that will help. https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffsb&q=Add...ow+link&ia=web

I don't think there is a Follow Us button in Xara's Online Content Catalog.

Find some code that works and add it to a placeholder object in Xara,

Quote Originally Posted by brocsman View Post
    Apologies. This must have been asked a thousand times, but I can't see it. How do I add a Facebook 'Follow us' link to a Xara web file?

TIA
    Thanks. I've wondered how to insert HTML. Never tried it before.

Just create a rectangle. Then select the rectangle, open the Web Properties > Placeholder tab. Click the HTML (Body) button and paste the text in the text entry box.

Click Apply.

Acorn created a widget to automatically drops Add To Any social buttons into your Xara project. Just drag onto your page, follow the instructions and position wherever you want the buttons to appear.

>>> AddToAny.zip <<<

TG wouldn't accept the .xwr so I popped it in a .zip
    Last edited by Chris M; 21 February 2021 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Added a bit.

This is the original Post: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...tton-Generator.

Do chose a common place to store this and all future XWRs; it will save you grief in the long term.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Do chose a common place to store this and all future XWRs; it will save you grief in the long term.

Acorn
    Yep, do this. If you want to go the extra mile you can add your own catalogue index and point Xara's Gallery to it. Mine looks like this (although I've abandoned the Navbar and HiSlide)

# Assets index file
    Icons.web, Popular Icons, , C
    Stretchy-Button-Navbar.web, Stretchy Buttons & Navbar, , C
    Audio-Player-Desktop.web, Audio Player 960, , C
    Audio-Player-Mobile.web, Audio Player 480, , C
    AddToAny.xwr, Social Sharing Buttons, , C
    Icons-Tabler.xwr, Icons, , C
    iframe.web, iframe, , C
    Video.web, Embed Video, , C
    HiSlide-Gallery.xar, HiSlide Gallery, , C
    Photo-Table.web, Photo grid with movable columns, , C
    Marquee.web, Scrolling Marquee, , C
    Image-Filter.xar, Generate Image Effects, , C
    Smart-Photo-Grid.web, Smart Photo Grid, , C
    Smart-Text-Panel.web, Smart Text Panel, , C

It's a text file made in Notepad and saved to the same folder as your xwr, xar, web files. I've no idea what the commas and Cs do, but it works well.
    Open the Xara Design Gallery > Disc Designs and point it at the folder. Easy access to your most used assets.

Info Re: Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    Yep, do this. If you want to go the extra mile you can add your own catalogue index and point Xara's Gallery to it. Mine looks like this (although I've abandoned the Navbar and HiSlide)

# Assets index file
    Icons.web, Popular Icons, , C
    Stretchy-Button-Navbar.web, Stretchy Buttons & Navbar, , C
    Audio-Player-Desktop.web, Audio Player 960, , C
    Audio-Player-Mobile.web, Audio Player 480, , C
    AddToAny.xwr, Social Sharing Buttons, , C
    Icons-Tabler.xwr, Icons, , C
    iframe.web, iframe, , C
    Video.web, Embed Video, , C
    HiSlide-Gallery.xar, HiSlide Gallery, , C
    Photo-Table.web, Photo grid with movable columns, , C
    Marquee.web, Scrolling Marquee, , C
    Image-Filter.xar, Generate Image Effects, , C
    Smart-Photo-Grid.web, Smart Photo Grid, , C
    Smart-Text-Panel.web, Smart Text Panel, , C

It's a text file made in Notepad and saved to the same folder as your xwr, xar, web files. I've no idea what the commas and Cs do, but it works well.
    Open the Xara Design Gallery > Disc Designs and point it at the folder. Easy access to your most used assets.
    Chris, back in the Mysteries of Time, Xara was Computer Concepts and the catindex.txt files have come from a background of RiscOS development.

A preceding ! indicated an application folder so this gives the catindex a tree structure.
    The folder path defines the tree nodes from the root of %localappdata%\Xara\[product]\[version]\Cache\designs\eng\.

The commented (#) first line is usually the Folder Revision.
    The CSV structure then follows:
    • Filename
    • Sequence - this is newly introduced. It is not in earlier versions
    • Description - Bar(|)-separated terms; the barring is fairly new too
    • (blank)
    • Letter - C-Component/Preset/Texture - anything of a component or applied to one; P-Pages in a Website
    • (blanks) - future use of linkage into Online Component Catalogue; may include a Version Number, indicating no use prior
    • UID - an identifier to show staleness

Mostly guesses. Again xara is never forthcoming.

Xara frequently scans the Cache and replaces catindex.txt to catindex.old when there are new additions.

Why this is all in %localappdata% is still a concern.
    Why Xara fails to automatically Download All is a disappointment.
    Why Xara discarded the Find utility become more apparent.
    It is why I copy off my paid-for assets elsewhere as the mechanism is fragile.

It needs to be in a JSON format.
    The cache needs to be in a dedicated Product folder.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank you for the explanation.

I know I'm a relative rookie compared to a lot of members, but I have to say I've never had a problem with the Download All feature.
    Totally with you on the AppData comments. First thing after install? - create new folder on a different drive and point Xara to that for backups and move the downloaded content. My Xara folder in AppData - 8.54MB. Xara folder on T drive - 11.5GB.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    I have to say I've never had a problem with the Download All feature.
    neither have I but imagine not knowing it is possible! After an Update service expiry, you could be left with diddly.

People should not have to "discover" it or join or browse TG to be told.

It is a totally shoddy inaction on Xara's part. Ini move to the Cloud, it may be an unintended consequence but it can be a costly omission.

Acorn