Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Please Help: After uploading, the resulting site is quite ugly.

Sorry for all caps but my client is going f*cking nuts!

I edited a few text and added a picture to the website I made in my Xara 17/365 subscription and Xara Web Designer Premium, it has NO updates when check for updates, so idk does not seem like it is a known issue that has been fixed and has update to fix xara, so idk if this is a one-off issue or a known issue others have had???

The website looked fine 5 min ago - I upload the changes I made and, well, look at it now. Yet in Xara here is what it looks like still (use PC/Laptop as it seems only desktop version not mobile version is affected)

When I click PREVIEW from Xara menu it looks fine in all browsers ON desktop when previewing. I even went as far as deleted ALL files off the server and reuploaded everything from scratch (not overwriting existing files on server) and still have this issue

How can I fix this? Contacted my hosting provider (Hostgator) they said this is 100% a coding issue with my site and not their problem. Ummm, I did not add any CODE just a picture and a few normal text words.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!! See screenshot for what Xara has it looking like and how it looked prior to updating then see how it looks when u visit the site online (desktop only, mobile looks ok still): https://steampunkdelta8.com

YES, I did CTRL F5 - I am an IT Guru not my 1st issue but never had THIS issue before..... I even went as far as to clear ALL browsing data n cache and even cookies - still a huge garbled mess on the home page. IDK what happened?

UPDATE: Tried on MSIE and Edge for 1st time (never visited the site on those before) and a mess there too. Then got Opera and MX5 still a mess on those too - never had those installed on PC before much less visited site on them.

Update 2 - adding my xara file incase any of y'all think having the original xara file will help figure this out

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara-help.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	128972cbd_website.web
    Last edited by Barbara B; 08 March 2021 at 10:58 AM. Reason: adding update and inserting file
    IP

Default Re: HELP!!!!! EDITED WEBSITE NOW LOOKS POOR AFTER UPLOADING!!!

Nearest I can get you is to say it's not Xara, nor your .web file. I exported and uploaded your file as is, no alterations. looks fine.

https://auzlink.net.au/cbd
    Last edited by Barbara B; 08 March 2021 at 10:50 AM.
    IP

Default Re: HELP!!!!! EDITED WEBSITE NOW LOOKS LIKE SHIT AFTER UPLOADING!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    This has been discussed before I believe. Pretty sure it's a caching issue, but at your hosting, not your browser. It even looks like a caching issue.

If you're still have trouble, try creating a new folder and uploading to that. My bet would be that the site would be fine in the new folder. If so, pester your hosting provider until they clear the server cache.
    contacted my hosting company they cleared server cache said wait several hours to be sure then come back and recheck site - thanks for all the help
    IP

Lightbulb Re: HELP!!!!! EDITED WEBSITE NOW LOOKS LIKE SHIT AFTER UPLOADING!!!

I am working on a website that presents all my ideas around the Xara Desktop Applications. It was @behzad's suggestion a time back.

I added this page only yesterday: Using Ctrl+F5 and other Refreshers.pdf.

The site is a work in progress but I will be making it available soon.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP

If your site is the one that Chris uploaded, there is a spelling error on the home page - Didtillate instead of Distillate - on the right hand picture.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    IP

I have had nightmares with this too, client unhappy, days of explaining to them why and they do not get it. It is the Chace issue with the hosting provider. Hosting company is Godaddy, you got to call them and tell them to flush the cache. Still we get the same issue, it takes a day sometimes for it to fix itself. I have only experienced this with Xara and not wordpress or other platforms. Not sure who to blame.
    IP

@Acorn, Your God sent.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I am working on a website that presents all my ideas around the Xara Desktop Applications. It was @behzad's suggestion a time back.

I added this page only yesterday: Using Ctrl+F5 and other Refreshers.pdf.

The site is a work in progress but I will be making it available soon.

Acorn
    Thx trying these now, thoas said CTRL-F5 does nothing - I even downloaded a brand new 2 browsers I never used before still garbled. Trying ur HTML header code n stuff now
    Last edited by Barbara B; 08 March 2021 at 10:55 AM.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    If your site is the one that Chris uploaded, there is a spelling error on the home page - Didtillate instead of Distillate - on the right hand picture.
    Thanks, I fixed that
    Last edited by Barbara B; 08 March 2021 at 10:56 AM.
    IP

UPDATE: DID THE HTML CODE IN HEADER ACORN HAD IN HIS PDF AND REUPLOADED SITE AND BAM - NO MORE GARBLED MESS!

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Barbara B; 08 March 2021 at 10:57 AM. Reason: spelling
    IP