Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: PDF/X Auto bleed

did you read the thread ?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    did you read the thread ?
    Yes, I read the original post - doing auto-bleed, and getting these horrid lines showing up. The only lines I see are the crop marks. The bleed area shows somewhat darker tones than the main image, but no "horrid lines" there, only the crop marks. I just did page layout for that Colonial Marine guide thread I created a few days ago, and had to do the same thing as the original post, to prep the document for print-on-demand printing. I had to create bleed areas and crop marks for the cover design, and for the interior pages. I just did this exact operation, with this same result, and I don't consider them "horrid" rather, exactly what they're supposed to look like and what the printer desires. So I don't understand the OP's issue.

what I meant was that the point had alreay been answered

behzad knows what a crop mark is and he has made that plain in this thread - he also knows about bleed and printing - you onlly have to read post #9 and take in what is being said...
    Nothing lasts forever...

I get similar results when exporting PDF files with bleed. I open the file in Acrobat then go to tools, then advanced editing, then touch up object. then I select each object that I don't want and delete it. This works for me. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    what I meant was that the point had alreay been answered

behzad knows what a crop mark is and he has made that plain in this thread - he also knows about bleed and printing - you onlly have to read post #9 and take in what is being said...
    Well then I didn't read the entire thread, only the first post. I glanced down and didn't notice the answer from Behzad, but didn't fully read the entire thread.

when I was a MOD some time back now, members were encouraged to always read right through a thread before answering, it avoids misunderstandings, it avoids the repeat of misunderstandings that have already been cleared up
    Nothing lasts forever...

Wow, deleting a post seems almost impossible - I can edit a post, but see no way to delete it.
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 24 February 2021 at 02:58 PM.

Fortunately, we're not allowed to delete messages or else a whole thread might become so disjointed that no one could make any sense of it.

Anyway, there's absolutely nothing wrong with your post.