Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The KIA Logo

Default Re: The KIA Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    I like that, but it's not the same as the earlier one. The lengthened joins between the letters make it much more legible. And in my opinion a much better logo.

You're right. It seems that there are two versions. The one I posted may have been an earlier, tryout version as it appeared on a number of prototypes.

This is what Kia says about its logo: The new logo features ‘symmetry’, ‘rhythm’ and ‘rising’ elements that embody Kia’s confidence and commitment to customers. The new brand slogan is: ‘Movement that inspires’.

The new logo features ‘symmetry’, ‘rhythm’ and ‘rising’ elements that embody Kia’s confidence and commitment to customers. The new brand slogan is: ‘Movement that inspires’.
    There good those ole marketing boys
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    ‘Movement that inspires’
    doesn't depict any car imagery as much as 'Get your ar*e in gear' does.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Well, Kia the brand is moving in the right direction in terms of market share.

the correlation of 'getting your ar*e into gear' and 'movement' does wonders for my imagination
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    In the attached image, is the old and the new KIA logos.
    I'm sure you know that on the left is the old one, and on the right is the new one.

What do you think of the new logo?

1. If you didn't know it, would you know that it says KIA?
    2. If you'd been given this gig, what would you have designed?

I honestly don't know what, if anything, I could have come up with?
    I like the new logo of KIA. The new logo is a lot cooler than the old one.
    But the new KIA logo is not the same as the older one. It is completely
    different one. It also resemble a handwritten signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    I have no design training and spent about 30 minutes after dinner whilst nursing a brandy on this; so obviously better than a professional advertising agency

Explaining the red dot symbolises something like the heart of the engine and adding $10,000 to the price of the logo.
    Attachment 128961

Leaning forward because cars go forward and so does a forward thinking car company...genius...add another $10,000

The letters reminded me of the Predator glyphs. Kia Predator sounds cool.
    It could be an electric car "Kia Predator, so quiet you'll never know it's there"
    Precisely what

I was thinking Chris.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.