Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

before I throw my monitor out the window...

Has anyone ever tried working with one large text string (no carriage returns) in Photoimpact? For example, create a new image and just hold down a key for a while. After a while (277 characters by my count but don't hold me to that) the characters just stop appearing. It looks like they're still being recorded but they don't show up on the screen.

I'm trying to add a long string of text around the outside of a circular CD label. I basically have one large text string (about 1,000 characters) and am planning on using the text bend #18 feature to make it circular. I typed the string into notepad and when I paste it into PhotoImpact the string stops after 277 characters and then oddly repeats itself. so frustrating.

Am I missing something here? thanks!

Dave
    IP

I've never tried to use that many characters, but it sounds like PI has a limit on how many it will repeat in a Text Wrap. What you could try is type half of your text and do Object, Wrap, Bend, bend Amount 50, which will give you half of the curve. Then do the rest of the text and Bend it -50 to get the bottom half curved. It will not give you text that reads in one piece in an unbroken circle, however.

Stephanie's PhotoImpact Tutorials
    PhotoImpact 8 and 7 Classes
    IP

thanks for the response Stephanie. I actually figured out that the strange truncation only happens when anti-alias is selected. So, if I turn that off I can make the text do what I want it to do- but it looks grainy of course.

So my question is, is it supposed to act like that or is this a bug??
    IP

Dave, we're not always aware of the "Inner Workings" of PI, meaning that I don't know if there is a coded limitation. You might post your question at Stephanie's bb or write Colwin directly for an answer to this.
    I'm assuming you're using PI8?

Enter the PhotoimpactZone!
    IP

Wow, that's really odd that it was the anti-aliasing. I wonder if the smoothing of the font takes up more resources and blows out your RAM? I agree with Kelly, this might be a good one for Ulead to know about. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Stephanie's PhotoImpact Tutorials
    PhotoImpact 8 and 7 Classes
    IP