Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default FTP error: Failed enitialization.

My Designer PRO X11 sometimes hangs/freezes and did so recently. When I later tried to publish my website using my Xara webspace I got the message FTP error: Failed initialization. I tried the Windows 10 option to repair it but all it appears to have done is load a new version with the same resulting message. It appears to happen to all my websites, not just the ones that were up when it froze recently. I have tried to contact Xara Support but they have yet to respond from two sites. Also their Chat Now option does not work. Should I uninstall and reinstall from my CD or wait their reply or has anyone had the same error.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ftp.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	128861  

Default Re: FTP error: Failed enitialization.

Xara (Magic) did reply though no explanation why my Publish website option no longer works.
    Should anyone else have the same problem use an FTP program, I used Filezilla and enter lc4mkm.xara.hosting in the HOST box which I think then allows you to pick the SFTP option from the PROTOCOL box. I put my Xara User Name in the USER box. I am not sure you need to put in a password but I put in my XARA one. All I had to do then was to navigate the appropriate folder. I have asked them to explain the Publish website problem. I tried to edit my post but the Edit Post box did not exist for me.

Name:	research.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	68.2 KB 
ID:	128875  

When all else fails, as you pointed out, Filezilla or another FTP program is the best fallback.

Sometimes a page or site gets corrupted and things do not work.

Something to try is to copy a page or pages to a new web document and try again to publish using the built in FTP. Many times this has worked for me. It's a lot of work but if you succeed it's worth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmo View Post
    Xara (Magic) did reply though no explanation why my Publish website option no longer works.
    Should anyone else have the same problem use an FTP program, I used Filezilla and enter lc4mkm.xara.hosting in the HOST box which I think then allows you to pick the SFTP option from the PROTOCOL box. I put my Xara User Name in the USER box. I am not sure you need to put in a password but I put in my XARA one. All I had to do then was to navigate the appropriate folder. I have asked them to explain the Publish website problem. I tried to edit my post but the Edit Post box did not exist for me.
    Emmo, you could try through your Xara application with Share > Sign into other Webhosting Service > Publish > Other web host via FTP) > Settings with the same credential you have used in Filezilla.

If that works you can advise Magix further.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I got this from Magix "I have learnt from our Administrators that there was a FTP upgrade carried out by Xara. As per the information I have received all should be back up and running smoothly. " But I am still getting the error. I tried Gary's method without success. I have yet to try Acorn's.

I tried Acorn's remedy and got an FTP Timeout error. If I was to reinstall my Pro 11 to a different folder than my present one would that solve anything do you think.

Name:	ftp2.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	16.2 KB 
ID:	128942