Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Multiple text rotation question

Is it possible to rotate, multiple individual characters about their own axis?

The only way I know at the moment is to individually select them, insert a 9 before the 0 and enter return.
    In the attached screen-shot I have done 14 and 13, but I would like to select 12, 11, 10 etc. and rotate them all about their centre without them changing from a column to a row.

Thanks in anticipation.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MultipleTextRotation.PNG 
Views:	61 
Size:	7.4 KB 
ID:	128857  

Info Re: Multiple text rotation question

Type in the numbers on a line and then rotate 90o.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Terminals.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	9.6 KB 
ID:	128858

Why make it difficult?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Multiple text rotation question

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Type in the numbers on a line and then rotate 90o.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Terminals.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	9.6 KB 
ID:	128858

Why make it difficult?

Acorn
    This is an existing design, so the pairs are already there, and they have to line up with pins of connectors that pass through the cut-outs.
    It is the sort of job for a macro, but XDP doesn't have macros.
    Oh and I have a lot of them to do, so anything that speeds up the process and reduce the tedium of doing it would be appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MultipleTextRotation2.PNG 
Views:	79 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	128859  

You could set your "ANGLE CONSTRAINT" to 90 in the options toolbar, then select them and CTRL rotate them by dragging the corner rotate (just inside the corner marker). Might be quicker than typing it.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Grafix Smelter View Post
    This is an existing design, so the pairs are already there, and they have to line up with pins of connectors that pass through the cut-outs.
    Oh and I have a lot of them to do, so anything that speeds up the process and reduce the tedium of doing it would be appreciated.
    If each number was a separate object then Ctrl+Select and Rotation to 90o is a quick approach. If in a Text Area or Column, you would have to Convert to Editable shapes first. The Control key can be held down all the time, just pick the next object and rotate; control constrains it to 90o.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Yes it's a great case for a macro.
    What's a lot? I have a solution but it would take a couple of hours to set up, so it's only worthwhile if you have say 25+.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks to everyone that replied.

@ ss-kalm : I opted for your solution as it is all "happens" with the cursor on the selected item and saves the back and forth to the menu bar and having to type.

@ Acorn : Select picks the string of both characters. Ctrl+Select actually selects the individual characters in the string, so I don't see how that would be a quick approach. I think I may be missing something there.

@ Egg Bramhill : Does 87 in the current artwork (with quite a few others to do) sound enough. I'm sure others here would benefit from your couple of hours work, I certainly would appreciate knowing how it can be done.

Once again, thanks to everyone.

Sorry for the delay, here's my solution (work-around) and accompanying xar file.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Egg. Yes that certainly does help!

I had not thought of setting up a template of the orientation I need for each strip (I usually find one I've already done then copy and paste between .xar files).
    The real eye opener for me was the distributed alignment, I've never used it in that way.

The object of this exercise to be able to mount the units either horizontally or vertically and the text as it stands would be up-side-down.

Anyone interested in the manufactured units take a look here :- https://www.pbsigroup.com/protection...ction-control/
    The "Click For More Information" links to the photos of these back plates.

Oh and my nick name comes from the fictitious printing firm called "The Grafix Smelting Company" I created to publish a junior school magazine of the kids articles.

Many thanks, lots to explore there.