Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Sample Page Layout for a Coming Product

Since this isn't a map, rather standard 2 column page layout design for a 40 page, full color, saddle stitch (stapled on the spine), printed book with a glossy cover. Of course this was completely created using Xara Designer Pro x11, what I normally use primarily to create professional map commissions. Most of my books look like this on the interior. The use of border graphics is pretty standard in tabletop roleplaying game supplements. Those colored dots on the corners, as well as the graphics on the border shapes, I change from product to product - on this one, since the theme is Colonial Marines, I used green in the dots, and camo in the fills of the beveled shapes. The illustration was created in the 3D, modeled in Wings 3D, and lit, textured and rendered in Vue Creator. While it's not always the case, often enough, this product I wrote, game designed, illustrated, mapped, page layout, in final published format myself, and the credits page look like a vain person, all the titles are me. Anyway, I thought I'd give you a look at my interior page design for my Starfinder Roleplaying Game support products fully done in Xara, except for the 3D illustration... enjoy!

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1st-page.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	142.5 KB 
ID:	128856

Default Re: Sample Page Layout for a Coming Product

Hey Micheal i like it.

I think this 3D picture is one of the best ones you have shown so far.

Because you are using this book to file a niche in the game system rules, it got me to wondering, do you play the game or have you just have been studying it for so lone you came up with the rules to bridge the modes in the game?

Ray

Is it final? or can it be changed?

@RKissane - I do play the game, every other weekend with a group of friends, where I run the games as the referee or gamemaster. I often playtest the modules I write with my group to find issues that need correcting before publication.

@pauland - it is so far, but it can always be changed. Now the product will be released both as a PDF and a full color, saddle stitch printed book of 40 pages. While any changes made post purchases by customers cannot be corrected, because the printing is POD (print-on-demand), once any changes are made, the print versions as well as PDF versions will reflect the change for future printings. So while I can say, Yes, this is the final format, changes can always be made.
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 12 February 2021 at 05:59 PM.

@Gameprinter I thought I'd suggest a correction, but really it's me that needs correction - good job.

Added an ad page to the layout to wrap it up - I've uploaded the product to DrivethruRPG, and got the POD print setup process started - hopefully in a week or so, I'll have the POD version ready for the public. Here's the ad page - slightly different layout than the rest of the supplement. Pretty though, I think...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ad-page.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	151.1 KB 
ID:	128872