Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default First time user Can I embed filename.web into the site OR a release TimeDateStamp

This might have been answered, but I searched for quite a while...

Is the .web file name, or a Date Time stamp embedded in the html somewhere. Can it be?
    Or are people using GIT for versioning? But how to embed that?
    Or is there a GUID or whatever that is called... nice feature of Visual Studio?

Many ways to do this: PHP Bash, CMD, Etc.
    Are you all doing it already in some std xara way.

V17 Web Des Premium started with 9.

I export the entire site always to a C:\wamp.....public_html so I can test and then use FZ or whatever to upload
    Always uploading the whole site. ( mine are very small in general).
    So, I could have a standard script or even bash script that Sets the Prod so that I can see it on the web site, if I know where to look.
    Thanks.

I am retired and was never quick, but still doing this... Great package.

Info Re: First time user Can I embed filename.web into the site OR a release TimeDateSta

The best Xara offers is setting your Backup folder to be active.
    Utilities > Options > Backups > Automatic backup options.
    These append datetime stamps to the filenames.

I build my designs in a Dropbox folder so I have a safe Cloud storage and clone onto other devices.

To achieve what you are after, you could save off a major revision from the Backup folder.

I usually just add a version into the filename.

The other approach is to use File > Document info > Comment and indicate a version there.
    Document History requires a MS Registry tweak but you also have Document info > File information.
    You could also Export as WIX format and then the Comment is searchable.

To answer your original question, you could add a META statement into Web Properties > Website > HTML Code (head), like:
    Code:
    <meta name="Release" data-source="I:\Dropbox\Dropbox\Xara+\IFRAME - DataStrom Yellow CSV Table.xar" date-timestamp="1613132546158" data-version="1.0.0" />
    A bit of a chore manually but:
    • I would use Search Everything to get a full path.
    • I would use the browse Console and Date.now() to get the TimeStamp.
    • I would manually add the Version.

It would not be that hard to script it all.

I would then use jQuery to extract the information: $('meta[name="Release"]')[0].

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: First time user Can I embed filename.web into the site OR a release TimeDateSta

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I am not sure what the benefit of this is? Can you explain?

Default Re: First time user Can I embed filename.web into the site OR a release TimeDateSta

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Welcome to TalkGraphics

I am not sure what the benefit of this is? Can you explain?

I have no idea where this should go, but my reply is below.

----------------------

Acorn and Gary,

Thanks for the replies,
    I created my account during version 9, but never made a request until now. This is pretty intimidating.

Acorn:
    All good ideas: I have “Everything” and have used jquery some, I will do a BAT later with help from rob https://www.robvanderwoude.com/batchfiles.php

Right now: manually create a file “public_html/DeltaT_release.html” with the xara backup filename:

"<meta Release" data-source= ".AppData\Local\Xara\WebDesignerPremium\17\Backups \
    “mywebsite_terrain_color2_210212_12Feb21_1600.web” />

This will work for me right now manually.

Gary: Mr. Moderator Emeritus Dude, Sir

Some of us can never figure out our exact filename for the .web production version based on the public_html file’s date-time, especially after several months or years.

I am grateful to both of you for taking the time to respond.
    Thank you very much for all the times you have responded to others, and ended up helping me too.

Nice to learn more about xara today.
    Dave

You are most welcome. We're more than happy to help.

The last time you saved your .web file should show in Windows Explorer.

Also you can name your .web file with the latest update date.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Time and Date.png 
Views:	52 
Size:	14.7 KB 
ID:	128866  

@Gary, in its simplest, you find a site you built and for the life of you cannot remember which design file created it.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

@d8breadnhm, if you look at https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...ting-your-Work then I think the use of .LOG in a log.xara (associated with Notepad) file would be the way to go.
    Any information saved would be date stamped and you can save any text you see fit, structured or not.

What I would do is then use Notepad++ and its Find in Files for "LOG" across all log.xara files on my device.
    That then lists all the builds on it, identifying the filename and path

Equally, you can search yyyy, mm/yyyy and any known text.

Works a treat.

Acorn