Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Site Ideas

Default Re: Site Ideas

OK, first of all a disclaimer because I am a keyboard warrior not a marketing expert.

Wherever possible with anything to do with the internet I always imagine the perspective not of the client, but that of the client's client.

So your guys are trying to get gigs and essentially your current intention is to have a website that could be a CV PDF pamphlet. I would say in that case just go ahead but don't be under the illusion that you are fulfilling your clients brief! definitely not "Different to the usual template stuff. Weird, or bright, or shocking, something in your face.".

Event organising staff, industry head hunters are looking for people who are in vogue, up-and-coming and have a growing following. You will make them yawn with a resume site.

I believe their internet and social media presence should be about making a buzz, catching attention of their audience, growing a following. When that happens you can point to what is going on, how the following is growing and that they are trending. Your resume part is then about their growing social media profile and popularity and everything else supports why that is happening. The world is about followers and social media. Adele was spotted making videos online and had a growing number of followers - her talent and growing fan base gave her her break.

Your event organisers want to book the group everyone is talking about. Your venues want the people with a buzz.

That's your advice from a total non-expert.

Thank you for your thoughts. All noted and I shall pass them along.

BTW, if anyone thinks my perspective is nonsense - please say so!

Chris,

I took a look at the sites on both my phone and desktop. My only real questions is, how does a user know they need to scroll down to see more?

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by RKissane View Post
    Chris,

I took a look at the sites on both my phone and desktop. My only real questions is, how does a user know they need to scroll down to see more?

Ray
    There are templates available from some of the promotion companies like Chapter Eight, G and MoS. The layout is pretty much the same and the target audience know what they are looking at. I'm waiting for the group to throw their 10c in, but I believe #3 will be the one they go for.

Taylor-Shay is their manager and happens to be my sons long term girlfriend. They've both seen it and she's happy with the title and background. If you knew Taylor-Shay you'd know that if all 12 of the group voted for A and Taylor-Shay wanted B...they'd go with B

I agree with @pauland and will suggest they change the event posters to a simple bullet point list as it's easier to read and you still have a feel for the number of events they have collectively done. Taylor-Shay isn't keen on the contact bar I used as page dividers so they'll probably be replaced.

A photo taken during a gig would be better as a background image

Some examples here:

https://www.alexdj.com.au/?gclid=EAI...yAAEgIPZfD_BwE

https://www.novadjs.com.au/wedding-d...iAAEgKvQPD_BwE

I'm a little sorry I started this thread It's my fault for not explaining what the page is for. I didn't realise you would all think it was public facing when it isn't. It's aimed at festival promoters, event organisers and, to a lesser extent, nightclub managers.

The biggest global festival organisers are arguably QDance and Tomorrowland.The aim is to have quick info for the promoters/organisers are similar, smaller, more local versions of the same. Think focussed resumé rather than 'book us for your wedding'.

Well, the group didn't like the background...too old looking. Nor did they like the headings on each section...not needed. I shan't be updating anymore as all I'll be doing is adding their statement and updating the missing profile pics and links.

>>> HOME GROWN <<<

Forgot to add - they wanted to keep the event posters as promoters would recognise the events easier than reading a list of text. They think the latest half dozen would be enough, updated as and when.
    Last edited by Chris M; 14 February 2021 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Added last line.

I know it's an ongoing project Chris but I find that background very off-putting, mainly due to the 'jaggies' within the image. If you've created it in Xara it would be far cleaner as an svg?

DEMO
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

That's a lot cleaner, Egg. Did you redraw the whole thing in Xara?

The background was found on the night by one of the group. It isn't fixed in stone and only a 'something like this' option. I haven't been in touch with the artist to buy the image yet and presume the size and quality would be higher if they decide to stick with it. I mentioned before that Taylor-Shay is the decision maker and she didn't find the picture so it's not necessarily a done deal.