Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default nudging in pro+ bounadary box visibility

if there is one instance when the new bounding boxes are a pita to me it is when nudging

they are supressed when moving with the select tool, but not when nudging in this tool

switching to the freehand tool enables you to nudge both vector and bitmap with the boxes suppressed, as they are supressed anyway in this tool

same in shape tool for bitmaps, but vectors don't nudge at all

in the quickshape tool boundary boxes are suppressed for vector, but not bitmaps -both will nudge

you could almost make a flow chart
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Bug Re: nudging in pro+ bounadary box visibility

Totally with you.

@Eva-K - you are the Xara UI expert and despite lots of monologue from XDA USERS, you have ignored the the real-world use cases / user stories we are reporting.

The perimeter fence you now corral us into is coarse, unlike the benign Affinity approach.

Please follow Affinity or revert to nodes without a fence.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: nudging in pro+ bounadary box visibility

Totally agree. Much of what I do in my work every day involves alignment and nudging, often using Shift + Ctrl + arrow key. I have to see both edges unobstructed.

The new boundary boxes are just an annoyance, neither requested, nor an improvement, nor welcome.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Totally agree.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.