Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: How to draw an unequal parts triangle with equally curved corners?

If you're not looking to create a triangle with exact dimensions you can try this:
    - draw your triangle with the Shape tool but make it smaller than what you intend it to be. You can also just scale down a clone (Ctrl+K) of your current triangle and color it differently so it's overlayed onto the original.
    - switch to the Contour tool and enable Round join
    - drag out a contour from your triangle and when it's big enough click the Inset path button

Edit:
    I hadn't thought of this, but I suppose if you want to preserve the exact dimensions you can do the following:
    - draw your triangle with the Shape tool
    - switch to the contour tool and make sure Round join is enabled
    - drag towards the center and let go when the distance between the innermost contour and the original shape is the desired radius of the final corners
    - Copy or note down the Contour width which is displayed in the toolbar, we'll call this X
    - click Inset path
    - now drag out a contour from this smaller triangle and input X as the contour width
    - Inset path
    Done

Thumbs up Re: How to draw an unequal parts triangle with equally curved corners?

Quote Originally Posted by The Alien View Post
    If you're not looking to create a triangle with exact dimensions you can try this:
    - draw your triangle with the Shape tool but make it smaller than what you intend it to be. You can also just scale down a clone (Ctrl+K) of your current triangle and color it differently so it's overlayed onto the original.
    - drag out a contour from your triangle and when it's big enough click the Inset path button

Edit:
    I hadn't thought of this, but I suppose if you want to preserve the exact dimensions you can do the following:
    - drag towards the center and let go when the distance between the innermost contour and the original shape is the desired radius of the final corners
    - Copy or note down the Contour width which is displayed in the toolbar, we'll call this X
    - click Inset path
    - now drag out a contour from this smaller triangle and input X as the contour width
    - Inset path
    Done
    TA, certainly the most elegant xara solution I know of.

In your exact fit (second) solution, you can still clone the original and use that:

1. Clone
    2. Colour
    3. Inner Contour
    4. Inset
    5. Out contour to match size
    6. Inset

Cloning and Contouring the output allows for adjustments.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Exactly the way I use to round the corners of my shapes not having the round corner tools like in affinity designer and other.
    This is the feature I'm asking from years and for which I would be glad to upgrade my version of Xara.

Here is my new feature list I've posted some time ago:
    https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...ht=#post602362
    Marco.

Quote Originally Posted by The Alien View Post

Edit:
    - click Inset path
    - Inset path
    Done

It is the easiest magical solution !
    I am learning that Xara has endless solutions but you need to learn all the features in it and have exceptional imagination!

Thank you Alien!

I thought of another approach or two.

Create a triangle.
    Add a Line Width.
    Set to Round Join.
    Convert Line to Shape.
    Delete inner nodes.
    (Repeat)

Create a triangle.
    Break at points on one or all three nodes.
    Set Line width.
    Combine Shapes.
    Delete inner nodes.

Lots of extra manipulations around size and colouring is possible.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Just thought of this solution. Probably already been mentioned.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ROUNDED.png 
Views:	44 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	128988  

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I thought of another approach or two.

Create a triangle.
    Add a Line Width.
    Set to Round Join.
    Convert Line to Shape.
    Delete inner nodes.
    (Repeat)
    Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Just thought of this solution. Probably already been mentioned.
    I thought I had.

Acorn

It had. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    It had. My bad.
    Anyhow, two of us now know the trick.

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Anyhow, two of us now know the trick.

Acorn
    The problem there is that doing so you will alter the dimensions of the triangle.
    Unfortunately in Xara you cannot specify how to thicken a line, whether inside, outside or in the center of the reference line. Another feature that would be really useful.
    Marco.