Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How to draw an unequal parts triangle with equally curved corners?

Hi everyone,

How is it possible to draw a triangle with no equal parts such as 8cm x 6cm and have equal adjustable curved corners as much as needed?

I tried the quick shape tool and set the sides to 3 but the most difficult part was to convert to edible shapes and draw it manually and messed up.

Then i tried to draw a rectangle with curved corners and deleted two points to get a triangle shape but i ended up with different curved corners !!

I am using Xara Designer Pro X11.

Thank you for your help!

Gaf
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: How to draw an unequal parts triangle with equally curved corners?

Create a circle the size you want to round the corners. Clone twice.

Place in the corners of the triangle.

Use the Shape Tool to add nodes where the circles align the triangle.

Delete the end points.

Select all and Arrange > Combine Shapes > Add Shapes (Ctrl + 1)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rounded triangle.png 
Views:	58 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	128815  

It's easy to see the picture

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	roud.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	128816

P&G 10, 11, 15; XWD Premium 11,15; XDPX 15.1; XDPX 18.5; XDPX 19; XBuilder;

Gary,

What is the purpose to delete the end points of the circle before adding the shapes?

Never mind, I misread what you where saying. You want the end point of the triangle deleted.

Thanks
    Ray

What a great solution!! however it was hard to add those nodes and after combining shapes it wasnt perfectly curved, need to align them precisely.

Thank you very much !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spamiky View Post
    It's easy to see the picture

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	roud.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	128816
    Thank you Spamiky but that creates only an isocele triangle with curved corners, adjusting the triangle size manually afterwards is a terrible work for me and couldn't make it.

What a great solution!! however it was hard to add those nodes and after combining shapes it wasn't perfectly curved, need to align them precisely
    My example is not perfect. It takes some work, and it is best to work zoomed in close.

Quote Originally Posted by gaftalik View Post
    Thank you Spamiky but that creates only an isocele triangle with curved corners, adjusting the triangle size manually afterwards is a terrible work for me and couldn't make it.
    Yes gaftalik but try it with a right-angled triangle.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Again here's a further example of Xaras abandonment of vector tools being highlighted.

This takes seconds in Affinity Designer.

No Audio
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thank you Egg for your solution too !

Thank you all for your time !